REPORT: How Frank Biden leveraged his famous name for business gain
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by ABCNews.GO.com:
In 2009, the year Joe Biden took office as vice president, a local business executive met the politician’s younger brother, Frank, at a Starbucks in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, and later asked him to become the president and front man for a fledgling charter school venture.
Frank Biden, a longtime real estate developer in the state, accepted the offer, and over the years, he touted his famous last name and prominent connections in Washington to help land the company a series of charter contracts from local officials in Florida to open charter schools, earning hundreds of thousands of dollars over a five-year period from the company in the process.
The article goes on to state the following:
In media interviews at the time, Frank Biden was unabashed – calling his last name “a tremendous asset” because of the family’s record of “taking care of people who need help,” and telling people it brought him “automatic acceptance” as he sought government approvals for the for-profit Mavericks in Education.
If you’re missing out on these daily news programs with DML and Michael Cutler, join today at www.TeamDML.com.
— Ronna McDaniel (@GOPChairwoman) January 17, 2020
Frank Biden boasted of a “tremendous asset” in DC, his brother @JoeBiden, to land business contracts.
Claimed he could guarantee “automatic acceptance.”https://t.co/tHqF2PWUsI
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) January 18, 2020
His son Hunter, his brother… It’s clear the family business motto of Biden, Inc. is “They brought him in for his name” 👇 https://t.co/Nu4UTg16DH
— Marc Lotter – Text TRUMP to 88022 (@marc_lotter) January 17, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit ABCNews.GO.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting ABCNews.GO.com
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Governor claims state will exhaust ventilator stockpile in 6 days
- REPORT: Chrissy Teigen attacks Trump over press briefing remark
- REPORT: Romney joins Dem senator to send ‘warning’ to Trump
- REPORT: Don Jr. breaks quarantine at a shooting range in the Hamptons [PHOTOS]
- POLL: Is Pelosi using the coronavirus pandemic to try to take down Trump?
- VIDEO: Healthy 39-year-old DJ died of coronavirus. What his young widow and daughter want you to know [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: Nurse sobs after quitting because her hospital didn’t have enough PPE
- VIDEO: Florida emergency official slams US manufacturer for selling masks to foreign countries, Trump responds
- BREAKING: ‘Yogi Bear Show’ Voice Actress Dies Of COVID-19
- REPORT: New ‘hot spot’ state: Coronavirus cases jump 42 percent in one day