REPORT: Former Bloomberg editor says the news organization should cover Mike Bloomberg’s 2020 bid ‘aggressively’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CNN.com:
New York (CNN Business) — Kathy Kiely left Bloomberg News in 2016 over the organization’s strategy for covering its owner, Michael Bloomberg, as he was considering a bid for president.
These days, the former Bloomberg Washington news director said she feels like she’s living in the movie “Groundhog Day.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Bloomberg last week joined the pool of Democratic candidates challenging President Donald Trump in 2020. Soon after his announcement, Bloomberg News Editor-in-Chief John Micklethwait released a memo saying the news organization would continue to report on the 2020 campaign, but would not “investigate” Bloomberg or his Democratic primary rivals.
“We will continue our tradition of not investigating Mike (and his family and foundation) and we will extend the same policy to his rivals in the Democratic primaries. We cannot treat Mike’s Democratic competitors differently from him,” Micklethwait wrote.
To get more information about this article, please visit CNN.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting CNN.com
Trending on DML News App
- EXCLUSIVE: NYPD commissioner shares video of cops finding bricks left for looters
- BREAKING: Senate votes on House-passed Paycheck Protection Program reform bill
- BREAKING: Pelosi says House will soon announce sweeping police reform legislation
- TRUMP TWEETS: Rips into Sen. Lisa Murkowski with fire and fury!
- VIDEO: Footage of 7-year-old girl in Black Lives Matter march goes viral
- BREAKING: Shock report on jobs for May, economists floored
- WATCH LIVE: Trump holds press conference on JOBS report as stock indexes surge; see Trump’s celebratory tweets
- REPORT: Minnesota provides STAGGERING estimate of damage from George Floyd protests
- BREAKING: Court blocks White House from suspending reporter for INCREDIBLE reason
- REPORT: Couple suspected of killing 8-year-old maid