REPORT: Flu leaves a 4-year-old girl blind
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by KMOV.COM:
(CNN) — A 4-year-old girl in Iowa nearly died and is now blind because of the flu, and her parents have a message: Get your child vaccinated.
“If I can stop one child from getting sick, that’s what I want to do,” said Amanda Phillips. “It’s terrible to see your child suffer like this.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Jade DeLucia, who did not receive a flu shot this season, caught the flu a few days before Christmas and spent nearly two weeks in the intensive care unit at the University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital.
“She is lucky to be alive,” one of her physicians, Dr. Theresa Czech, said. “She’s a little fighter. And I think she’s super lucky.”
In 3-6 months, family will learn if little Jade will get her sight back.
— Sharon Carbine (@SharonCarbine) January 11, 2020
Jade DeLucia, who did not receive a flu shot this season, caught the flu a few days before Christmas and spent nearly two weeks in the intensive care unit at the University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital.https://t.co/EFZ4sw2SLg
— FOX5 Las Vegas (@FOX5Vegas) January 11, 2020
🤒 THE FLU IS NOT A JOKE 🤧 “It was touch and go. She just couldn’t breathe. The flu had built up in her lungs. Her brain had swelled,” said Jade Delucia’s grandma, Courtney Frey. https://t.co/xMFTccsZtB
— Eyewitness News WTVO/WQRF (@MyStateline) January 9, 2020
An Iowa family knows all too well how dangerous the flu can be after the virus left their 4-year-old daughter fighting for her life and suffering from extensive brain damage.
Christmas is still on hold for 4-year-old Jade Delucia and her family. The… https://t.co/VAjiDmhoVm
— WHSVnews (@WHSVnews) January 9, 2020
Little Jade DeLucia is fighting for her life after doctors found the Influenza B virus has infected her brain https://t.co/KYaW5E3czP
— News 4 San Antonio (@News4SA) January 9, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit KMOV.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting KMOV.COM
Trending on DML News App
- Gowdy comments on possible Bolton testimony: ‘Why’
- VIDEO: Why Ted Cruz should be leading Senate impeachment trial
- VIDEO: GOP senator calls CNN reporter a ‘liberal hack’ when asked about Parnas materials
- BREAKING: Senate gives major win to Trump, passes USMCA in sweeping vote, Schumer and Sanders reveal why they voted ‘no’
- TRUMP TWEET: Responds to Pelosi’s announcement on impeachment managers
- REPORT: Pelosi posts record fundraising haul for 2019
- BREAKING: Iraqi refugee launches GOP challenge to Ilhan Omar: ‘She needs to be stopped’ [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Artist paints Michelle Obama, Hillary Clinton, AOC, other women as battered in campaign against domestic violence [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Collins releases statement about calling witnesses for impeachment trial
- REPORT: DOJ investigating leaks on Russian document that influenced how Comey handled Clinton emails