REPORT: Flight attendants union head blasts Buttigieg
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Association of Flight Attendants President Sara Nelson criticized former South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg Wednesday for a tweet defending private health insurance, that appeared to characterize the employer-provided health benefits as gains won by union workers.
Buttigieg defended his proposed “Medicare for All Who Want It” plan, saying 14 million union members have “fought hard for strong employer-provided health benefits” in a tweet Wednesday morning.
The article goes on to state the following:
Nelson, who played a key role in ending the federal government shutdown last year, called the invocation of labor rights “offensive and dangerous.”
“This is offensive and dangerous. Stop perpetuating this gross myth. Not every union member has union healthcare plans that protect them. Those that do have it, have to fight like hell to keep it. If you believe in Labor then you’d understand an injury to one is an injury to all,” she tweeted.
In a second tweet, Nelson added, “For profit healthcare doesn’t work, @PeteButtigieg. It’s killing people & putting working people in financial ruin. The whole country knows it. Collective bargaining is about problem solving. Don’t use unions to promote division – that’s only good for the profiteers. #WeNeedCare.”
For profit healthcare doesn’t work, @PeteButtigieg. It’s killing people & putting working people in financial ruin. The whole country knows it. Collective bargaining is about problem solving. Don’t use unions to promote division – that’s only good for the profiteers. #WeNeedCare
— Sara Nelson (@FlyingWithSara) February 12, 2020
This is going to be a major debate issue – Flight attendants union head blasts Buttigieg for saying union members ‘fought hard’ for private insurance plans https://t.co/AkaDIDhSQ2
— Emily Salazar (@LuvvvMusic) February 12, 2020
— The Hill (@thehill) February 12, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Black Guns Matter founder mocks potential Bloomberg-Clinton ticket with ‘SUPER’ nickname
- REPORT: Assange lawyer claims Trump offered pardon in exchange for this favor
- Last day for FREE MIRACLE ME MINI
- REPORT: Soros demands ouster of Zuckerberg, Sandberg from Facebook
- First Look At Bloomberg’s Super Bowl Ad
- VIDEO: Meghan McCain gets into fiery spat with Joy Behar over Bloomberg
- VIDEO: Trump speaks out on AG Bill Barr
- VIDEO: Greg Gutfeld speculates on why Bloomberg is ‘getting a pass’
- REPORT: Limbaugh says Trump advised him after Buttigieg remarks
- VIDEO: Jason Chaffetz comments on why ‘deep state’ is ‘scared to death’ of Trump