REPORT: For first time ever, data shows most working-age hires are minorities
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
People of color have surpassed white people to make up the majority of working-age hires in the U.S. for the first time since records began in the 1970s.
Minorities accounted for most of the people aged 25-54 hired in 2017, according to a Washington Post analysis of Department of Labor data. The gap has since widened, largely due to an influx of women into the workforce.
The article goes on to state the following:
Minority women flocked to the workforce in 2015 to replace retirees from the baby boomer generation, as well as take advantage of a booming labor market. Since the start of 2017, the number of Americans in jobs has increased by 5.2 million. About 4.5 million of those new jobs are held by people of color.
RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel noted this is further evidence that President Trump’s economic policies are benefiting minorities.
There’s a record-breaking surge in Hispanic and African American women coming off the sidelines and getting good-paying jobs.
— Ronna McDaniel (@GOPChairwoman) September 10, 2019
A typical white family has a net worth of over $170,000, while a typical African American or Latino family has a net worth under $21,000, Fed data show. https://t.co/a4RZGcr5Tz
— Eugene Scott (@Eugene_Scott) September 10, 2019
— Katrina Pierson (@KatrinaPierson) September 9, 2019
“For the first time, most new hires of prime working age (25 to 54) are people of color, according to a Washington Post analysis of data the Labor Department began collecting in the 1970s.” https://t.co/6oTdPw5JYq
— John Dickerson (@jdickerson) September 9, 2019
People of color have surpassed white people to make up the majority of working-age hires in the U.S. for the first time since records began in the 1970s.https://t.co/8Ojr62Jd9v
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) September 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Travelers raise alarm over coronavirus screening at US airports
- VIDEO: Fox News host cuts off Kellyanne Conway when she attacks de Blasio
- VIDEO: Data Doesn’t Match Doomsday Media Predictions, Ventilator Concerns, Task Force Doctor Says
- REPORT: Chilling images of makeshift morgue set up outside NYC hospital amid coronavirus pandemic
- REPORT: Oil price drop threatens US fracking boom
- REPORT: John Kerry sides with Trump about someone who is ‘being an a**hole’
- REPORT: What the bailout will do for you
- REPORT: Teen boy who tested positive for coronavirus dies in New Orleans
- REPORT: Pelosi honored, and mocked, in tributes on her 80th birthday
- REPORT: Police Officers Rebuke Media Outlet Over Decision On White House Coronavirus Briefings