REPORT: Firm Hired by Ukraine’s Burisma Tried to Use Hunter Biden as Leverage, Documents Show
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WSJ.com:
WASHINGTON—A consulting firm hired by Burisma Group mentioned that former U.S. Vice President Joe Biden’s son served on the Ukrainian gas company’s board so the firm could leverage a meeting with the State Department, according to documents and a former U.S. official.
The documents—email exchanges between State Department staff members made public this week—show that the consulting firm, Washington-based Blue Star Strategies, used Hunter Biden’s name in a request for a State Department meeting and then mentioned him again during the meeting as part of an effort to improve Burisma’s image in Washington.
The article goes on to state the following:
Mr. Biden was appointed to the Burisma board in 2014, when the company and its owner faced allegations of corruption, and he remained there until April of this year.
According to the report, Hunter Biden hasn’t said whether he knew his name was “being used by Blue Star in its contacts with State Department officials on Burisma’s behalf.”
Breaking: Memos detailing Hunter Biden’s contacts with Obama State Department released. VP son’s Ukrainian gas firm pressed US officials to end corruption allegations … just a month before Joe Biden forced firing of prosecutor overseeing case.https://t.co/APtdGUrnxn
— John Solomon (@jsolomonReports) November 4, 2019
Breaking: State Department saw Burisma as Joe Biden’s issue during 2016 election, newly released memos showhttps://t.co/SG62Ip5IMY
— John Solomon (@jsolomonReports) November 5, 2019
CNN’s @BrookeBCNN just interviewed Joe Biden’s senior advisor and failed to ask about today’s Wall Street Journal reporting on a Ukrainian gas company using Hunter Biden as leverage over the Obama State Dept to shut down allegations of corruption https://t.co/600ZIW0HoJ
— Trump War Room (Text TRUMP to 88022) (@TrumpWarRoom) November 6, 2019
“[T]he consulting firm, Washington-based Blue Star Strategies, used Hunter Biden’s name in a request for a State Department meeting and then mentioned him again during the meeting as part of an effort to improve Burisma’s image in Washington.”https://t.co/z8mwTUuA1i
— Steve Guest (@SteveGuest) November 6, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WSJ.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WSJ.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Head of Burisma Holdings Indicted; New Links to Obama, Hunter Biden Revealed
- VIDEO: Prince Andrew’s ex speaks out on Epstein
- BREAKING: Rick Perry’s team pushes back on Sondland testimony, releases statement
- BREAKING: Britain’s Prince Andrew steps down from public duties, citing Epstein ties
- POLL: Was Gordon Sondland’s testimony damaging to President Trump?
- VIDEO: Fox News host declares Sondland ‘took out the bus and ran over’ Trump
- REPORT: Pence’s office responds to Sondland’s testimony claiming he raised concerns about investigations
- REPORT: Photo emerges of alleged whistleblower shaking hands with Barack Obama in Oval Office [PHOTO]
- VIDEO: Rep Turner Gets Witness To Correct Bombshell Claim, Debunks CNN Headline In Real Time
- REPORT: Results of Hunter Biden DNA test revealed