REPORT: Firm Hired by Ukraine’s Burisma Tried to Use Hunter Biden as Leverage, Documents Show
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WSJ.com:
WASHINGTON—A consulting firm hired by Burisma Group mentioned that former U.S. Vice President Joe Biden’s son served on the Ukrainian gas company’s board so the firm could leverage a meeting with the State Department, according to documents and a former U.S. official.
The documents—email exchanges between State Department staff members made public this week—show that the consulting firm, Washington-based Blue Star Strategies, used Hunter Biden’s name in a request for a State Department meeting and then mentioned him again during the meeting as part of an effort to improve Burisma’s image in Washington.
The article goes on to state the following:
Mr. Biden was appointed to the Burisma board in 2014, when the company and its owner faced allegations of corruption, and he remained there until April of this year.
According to the report, Hunter Biden hasn’t said whether he knew his name was “being used by Blue Star in its contacts with State Department officials on Burisma’s behalf.”
Breaking: Memos detailing Hunter Biden’s contacts with Obama State Department released. VP son’s Ukrainian gas firm pressed US officials to end corruption allegations … just a month before Joe Biden forced firing of prosecutor overseeing case.https://t.co/APtdGUrnxn
— John Solomon (@jsolomonReports) November 4, 2019
Breaking: State Department saw Burisma as Joe Biden’s issue during 2016 election, newly released memos showhttps://t.co/SG62Ip5IMY
— John Solomon (@jsolomonReports) November 5, 2019
CNN’s @BrookeBCNN just interviewed Joe Biden’s senior advisor and failed to ask about today’s Wall Street Journal reporting on a Ukrainian gas company using Hunter Biden as leverage over the Obama State Dept to shut down allegations of corruption https://t.co/600ZIW0HoJ
— Trump War Room (Text TRUMP to 88022) (@TrumpWarRoom) November 6, 2019
“[T]he consulting firm, Washington-based Blue Star Strategies, used Hunter Biden’s name in a request for a State Department meeting and then mentioned him again during the meeting as part of an effort to improve Burisma’s image in Washington.”https://t.co/z8mwTUuA1i
— Steve Guest (@SteveGuest) November 6, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WSJ.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WSJ.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Professor who predicted Trump’s 2016 win explains who he thinks will win between Trump/Biden
- VIDEO: Trey Gowdy minces no words as he weighs in on George Floyd death
- BREAKING: Medical examiner issues statement on George Floyd cause of death
- REPORT: Lindsey Graham predicts Biden’s vice presidential pick
- VIDEO: Kayleigh McEnany responds to reports she voted by mail 11 times
- POLL: Do you support Trump’s executive order to crack down on social media giants? [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Probe: Senior Trump admin official used office for personal gain, investigators say
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton launches accusation at Trump about ‘calling for violence’
- REPORT: Michael Moore makes incredible suggestion to show repentance to ‘black America’ after Floyd killing
- REPORT: ‘Patently Not True’: Minnesota State Patrol’s Statement On CNN Reporter’s Arrest Sparks Severe Backlash