REPORT: Federal judge rules on Virginia school district’s transgender bathroom ban, Elizabeth Warren responds
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A federal judge ruled Friday against a Virginia school board’s policy barring a transgender former student, Gavin Grimm, from using the men’s restroom, according to The Associated Press.
Under the Gloucester County School Board’s policy, Grimm was required to use either the women’s room or a private restroom. In her decision, U.S. District Judge Arenda Wright Allen in Norfolk wrote that there was “no question” the policy discriminated against trans students.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Under the policy, all students except for transgender students may use restrooms corresponding with their gender identity,” she wrote. “Transgender students are singled out, subjected to discriminatory treatment, and excluded from spaces where similarly situated students are permitted to go.”
The board will also be required to update the gender on Grimm’s high school transcripts under Allen’s ruling.
I promise to continue to advocate for as long as it takes for everyone to be able to live their authentic lives freely, in public, and without harrassment and discrimination.
— Gavin Grimm (@GavinGrimmVA) August 9, 2019
Sen. Elizabeth Warren issued the following statement: “This is a big win for @GavinGrimmVA and trans Americans across the country. When we fight, we win—and we won’t stop fighting until all trans people can live without fear or discrimination.”
This is a big win for @GavinGrimmVA and trans Americans across the country. When we fight, we win—and we won’t stop fighting until all trans people can live without fear or discrimination. https://t.co/LFUGMrZ7dW
— Elizabeth Warren (@ewarren) August 12, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) August 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Justice Department inspector general reportedly completes FISA abuse investigation [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Susan Boyle performs ‘I Dreamed a Dream’ a Decade After Famed Audition
- REPORT: Tlaib’s response to bombing death of 17-yr-old Israeli girl sparks outrage
- REPORT: Omar lashes out in Twitter rant after Nadler criticizes her for sharing controversial cartoon
- REPORT: Border Patrol busts woman with over $20K worth of fentanyl in her underwear
- REPORT: One Of Kavanaugh’s High School Classmates Is Suing HuffPost For ‘Fabricated’ Reporting
- REPORT: Pelosi again breaks with Democrats on impeachment
- VIDEO: Pro-Trump Ms. Nevada has been stripped of her crown
- REPORT: White House is irritated over Nikki Haley’s mysterious tweet
- REPORT: NFL player found dead along with wife, son sought by police