REPORT: FBI reveals chilling details about ‘mayhem’ Jersey City shooters planned to cause
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The two people who attacked a kosher market in Jersey City, New Jersey, had a bomb in their U-Haul van so powerful that it could have killed or injured people up to 500 yards away.
FBI special agent in charge Greg Ehrie said at a Monday press conference that the bomb discovered inside the vehicle would have resulted in a large explosion. He also said that the duo had enough bomb construction materials to have built a second explosive device, according to NJ.com.
The article goes on to state the following:
The gunmen, 47-year-old David Anderson and 50-year-old Francine Graham, were killed during a shootout with law enforcement on Dec. 10. The violence that day began when the two fatally shot Jersey City Police Department Detective Joseph Seals, 40, in the head. From there, the pair headed to a nearby kosher market and killed three civilians.
Authorities say the two planned for more bloodshed, intending to spread fear in the Jewish community.
“We know now that they planned greater acts of mayhem on both communities,” U.S. Attorney Craig Carpenito said.
He called the attack “profoundly un-American” and an “evil and cowardly act.”
A pipe bomb left by the 2 people behind the fatal mass shooting in a Jersey City kosher market could have killed people 5 football fields away, feds say
Some believe their encounter with Det. Seals, who was killed, may have foiled the larger plan. https://t.co/6aO7Gy5GRS
— New York Daily News (@NYDailyNews) January 13, 2020
The deadly anti-Semitic attack left six people dead last month. https://t.co/qNcFbt2Dxr
— USA TODAY (@USATODAY) January 13, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- Gowdy comments on possible Bolton testimony: ‘Why’
- VIDEO: Why Ted Cruz should be leading Senate impeachment trial
- VIDEO: GOP senator calls CNN reporter a ‘liberal hack’ when asked about Parnas materials
- BREAKING: Senate gives major win to Trump, passes USMCA in sweeping vote, Schumer and Sanders reveal why they voted ‘no’
- TRUMP TWEET: Responds to Pelosi’s announcement on impeachment managers
- REPORT: Pelosi posts record fundraising haul for 2019
- BREAKING: Iraqi refugee launches GOP challenge to Ilhan Omar: ‘She needs to be stopped’ [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Artist paints Michelle Obama, Hillary Clinton, AOC, other women as battered in campaign against domestic violence [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Collins releases statement about calling witnesses for impeachment trial
- REPORT: DOJ investigating leaks on Russian document that influenced how Comey handled Clinton emails