REPORT: FBI, IRS agents search Baltimore Mayor’s homes, City Hall
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by APNEWS.COM:
BALTIMORE (AP) — Federal agents executed search warrants at two homes belonging to Baltimore’s embattled mayor as well as City Hall, the FBI confirmed Thursday morning.
Dave Fitz, an FBI spokesman out of the agency’s Baltimore office, says FBI and IRS agents were “executing court-authorized search warrants” at “both residences and City Hall.” He couldn’t immediately release more information because the search warrants are sealed.
The article goes on to state the following:
Mayor Catherine Pugh’s spokesman, James Bentley, said he has no immediate comment. Pugh’s defense attorney, Steve Silverman, did not immediately return calls.
Pugh has been facing mounting calls for her to resign over a scandal that involves the sale of her children’s books to entities that do business with the city. Five of her staffers have now, like her, gone on paid leave.
It’s been more than three weeks since Pugh slipped out of sight, citing deteriorating health from a pneumonia bout. Pugh said she was going on leave on the same day Maryland’s governor asked for a criminal investigation of the lucrative sales of her “Healthy Holly” books to customers, including a major hospital network she once helped oversee as a state lawmaker and a health plan that does business with the city. The sales earned about $800,000 for her limited liability company.
To get more information about this article, please visit APNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting APNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- EXCLUSIVE: Comey responds after Trump orders declassification of surveillance documents
- REPORT: Schiff lambasts Trump’s order to intel agencies to cooperate with Barr probe
- POLL: Do you support Trump’s move to declassify documents related to the surveillance of his campaign?
- BREAKING: Facebook announces decision on viral doctored Pelosi video
- BREAKING: Trump strikes, orders declassification of documents, cooperation with Barr
- REPORT: Pelosi’s daughter launches Twitterstorm, rips altered videos
- REPORT: Edward Snowden issues statement after Julian Assange charged with espionage
- REPORT: Mother and twin daughters starved to death in apartment
- BREAKING: Lone Republican blocks House passage of disaster relief bill
- REPORT: New details emerge on judge who upheld subpoenas on Trump’s bank records