REPORT: Fate of Trump and Macron’s symbolic friendship tree planted at White House revealed
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
A tree planted last year by President Trump and French President Emmanuel Macron to symbolize a century of French and American friendship has died.
In April 2018, the two leaders shoveled dirt on the sapling during a ceremony on the White House South Lawn as their wives looked on.
The article goes on to state the following:
“This oak tree … will be a reminder at the White House of these ties that bind us,” Macron tweeted at the time.
100 years ago, American soldiers fought in France, in Belleau to defend our freedom. This oak tree (my gift to @realDonaldTrump) will be a reminder at the White House of these ties that bind us. pic.twitter.com/AUdVncaKRN
— Emmanuel Macron (@EmmanuelMacron) April 24, 2018
The article notes that shortly after the tree was planted on the White House lawn, it suddenly vanished. Gerard Araud, then-French ambassador to the U.S., explained, tweeting, “It is in quarantine which is mandatory for any living organism imported to the US. It will be replanted afterwards.”
Unfortunately, it has now died in quarantine.
It is in quarantine which is mandatory for any living organism imported to the US. It will be replanted afterwards. https://t.co/XyJRKTgPWW
— Gérard Araud (@GerardAraud) April 29, 2018
A friendship tree planted outside the White House by French President, Emmanuel Macron and Donald Trump has died. pic.twitter.com/QlSgBjscBn
— Radio Clyde News (@RadioClydeNews) June 10, 2019
The tree had been quarantined shortly after planting, and French media outlets reported that the tree had not survived its quarantine. https://t.co/ByGigUVZV8
— USA TODAY Politics (@usatodayDC) June 10, 2019
R.I.P. Macron-Trump symbolic tree. https://t.co/50I6lQ8VsM
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) June 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News founder Dennis Michael Lynch discusses the homeless crisis in America and premiers 15-minutes of his new film on the subject in the video below. CLICK HERE to learn more. WATCH video below:
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- POLL: Is Fox Moving to the Left?
- REPORT: Major retailer experiencing widespread register outages; customers irate
- Trump newest tweet warns of a stock market crash
- REPORT: Jim Acosta’s Embarrassing Book Signing
- REPORT: Nationwide ‘Impeach Donald Trump’ Rallies Launch Saturday
- REPORT: Flight forced to change course after passenger assaulted flight attendant
- BREAKING: Trump accuses New York Times of treason
- REPORT: Financial disclosure shows the millions of dollars Ivanka Trump earned from DC Trump hotel
- REPORT: DOJ inspector general resolved ‘hang up’ on first Carter Page FISA application [VIDEO]
- REPORT: 1 killed, 3 injured after shooting at Costco