REPORT: Facebook addresses reason for worst outage in its history
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Facebook announced Thursday that its services – including Instagram and WhatsApp – have been restored after the most severe outage in the social media giant’s history.
The company blamed server issues for the outage, which took about one day to resolve and affected a significant number of Facebook’s 2.3 billion monthly users around the world.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Yesterday, as a result of a server configuration change, many people had trouble accessing our apps and services,” Facebook tweeted on Thursday. “We’ve now resolved the issues and our systems are recovering.”
Instagram on Wednesday evening tweeted “we’re back” after an earlier post acknowledged it was aware of an “issue impacting people’s access to Instagram.”
Yesterday, as a result of a server configuration change, many people had trouble accessing our apps and services. We’ve now resolved the issues and our systems are recovering. We’re very sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate everyone’s patience.
— Facebook (@facebook) March 14, 2019
Anddddd… we’re back. pic.twitter.com/5E8UdlcsPJ
— Instagram (@instagram) March 14, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) March 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Deaths of Ferguson activists lead some to believe something sinister is at play
- REPORT: Trump could be struck off 2020 ballots in Washington
- OpEd: Donna Brazile: Why I am excited to join Fox News
- REPORT: ANOTHER state passes bill to give their Electoral College votes to popular vote winner
- VIDEO: Kellyanne Conway responds to her husbands tweets about President Trump
- REPORT: DML responds to Ilhan Omar after she hits back at Trump
- REPORT: Trump’s disapproval rating slides to lowest point in network poll
- VIDEO: ‘The Five’ roasts Beto O’Rourke over hand gestures
- VIDEO: Protesters descend on Tucker Carlson’s neighborhood
- REPORT: Crenshaw joins Trump Jr. in defense of Chelsea Clinton