REPORT: Experts, Trump advisers doubt White House coronavirus deaths estimate
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WashingtonPost:
Leading disease forecasters, whose research the White House used to conclude 100,000 to 240,000 people will die nationwide from the coronavirus, were mystified when they saw the administration’s projection this week.
The experts said they don’t challenge the numbers’ validity but that they don’t know how the White House arrived at them.
The article goes on to state the following:
White House officials have refused to explain how they generated the figure — a death toll bigger than the United States suffered in the Vietnam War or the 9/11 terrorist attacks. They have not provided the underlying data so others can assess its reliability or provided long-term strategies to lower that death count.
The report says that three sources revealed that “some of President Trump’s top advisers have expressed doubts about the estimate” and that there have been “fierce debates inside the White House about its accuracy.”
The repost has sparked new criticism about the Trump administration.
Joe Scarborough, co-host of Morning Joe on MSNBC, tweeted:
Predicting how the actions of 340 million Americans, 50 different state approaches, and one erratic president will impact the spread of this pandemic makes modeling its death rate difficult. The continued failure of testing in the US makes it impossible.
Predicting how the actions of 340 million Americans, 50 different state approaches, and one erratic president will impact the spread of this pandemic makes modeling its death rate difficult. The continued failure of testing in the US makes it impossible. https://t.co/nX3N9h1tNj
— Joe Scarborough (@JoeNBC) April 3, 2020
Chris Stigall with Townhall tweeted:
Translation: “Crap. What if these numbers are waaaaay inflated and Trump comes in far below the death projections?! He’ll look good! We can’t have that! We’d better dig into the modeling after all!”
Translation: “Crap. What if these numbers are waaaaay inflated and Trump comes in far below the death projections?! He’ll look good! We can’t have that! We’d better dig into the modeling after all!” https://t.co/HFQzww1KBr
— Chris Stigall (@ChrisStigall) April 3, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WashingtonPost. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WashingtonPost
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Lindsey Graham predicts Biden’s vice presidential pick
- VIDEO: Kayleigh McEnany responds to reports she voted by mail 11 times
- BREAKING: Minneapolis cop Derek Chauvin subject of complaints before George Floyd’s death
- POLL: Do you support Trump’s executive order to crack down on social media giants? [VIDEO]
- EXCLUSIVE: Retired INS agent rips into Governor Cuomo, reveals corruption over nursing home deaths [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Trey Gowdy minces no words as he weighs in on George Floyd death
- VIDEO: Dozens arrested at wild NYC protest over death of George Floyd
- VIDEO: Professor who predicted Trump’s 2016 win explains who he thinks will win between Trump/Biden
- REPORT: Probe: Senior Trump admin official used office for personal gain, investigators say
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton launches accusation at Trump about ‘calling for violence’