REPORT: Ex-top FBI lawyer bets on DOJ inspector general finding ‘mistakes’ in Trump-Russia probe
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Former FBI General Counsel James Baker said on Monday he expects the Justice Department inspector general to find “mistakes” committed by the bureau in its handling of the Trump-Russia investigation.
Inspector General Michael Horowitz is examining the Justice Department’s and FBI’s compliance with legal requirements as well as policies and procedures in applications filed with the U.S. Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court related to onetime Trump campaign adviser Carter Page.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The inspector general is looking at everything we did,” Baker said on CNN. “If the IG usually finds mistakes that we made, so I expect him to find mistakes this time.”
Baker said last week at an event in Washington, D.C., that he took a leading role in overseeing the FISA warrant applications to obtain the authority to spy on Page. Baker said on Monday he does not believe there was any intent from the people he worked with to do “anything wrong or illegal,” including politically motivated spying.
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) May 14, 2019
The Justice Department inspector general is looking at much of this, and Baker concedes, “I’m sure they will find things I didn’t know about at the time.” He said he’s “confident in the judgements that I made at the time based on the information I had available to me.”
— Matt Zapotosky (@mattzap) May 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Illegal Convicted of Raping Dog to Death Released by Sanctuary State
- UPDATE: Trump responds to U.S. judge’s ruling on financial records
- BREAKING: Ford makes major announcement affecting 7,000 salaried jobs
- BREAKING: Cohen identified which Trump associate told him to lie, allegedly
- VIDEO: Trump holds MAGA rally in Pennsylvania
- POLL: Is Fox News turning on President Trump?
- BREAKING: Gorsuch sides with liberals in Supreme Court ruling on Wyoming hunter
- BREAKING: Judge upholds Dem subpoena for Trump financial records
- VIDEO: Anti-Trump actor makes odd statement about Trump winning in 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Trump slams Fox, DML responds with scathing comments on Fox & hosts