REPORT: Edward Snowden issues statement after Julian Assange charged with espionage
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Edward Snowden said the Justice Department declared “war” on journalism after accusing WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange of violating the Espionage Act.
Federal prosecutors filed a new 18-count indictment against Assange on Thursday, adding 17 counts to the single count that was unsealed in early April, alleging he unlawfully received and leaked information related to national defense.
The article goes on to state the following:
Snowden reacted on Twitter. “The Department of Justice just declared war—€ not on Wikileaks, but on journalism itself. This is no longer about Julian Assange: This case will decide the future of media.” he said.
The Department of Justice just declared war––not on Wikileaks, but on journalism itself. This is no longer about Julian Assange: This case will decide the future of media. https://t.co/a5WHmTCDpg
— Edward Snowden (@Snowden) May 23, 2019
Snowden says the DOJ has declared war on journalism https://t.co/psY5gHy0PB
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) May 23, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Chris Cuomo Sends Sean Hannity A Message He Can’t Refuse
- REPORT: US Resident Admits Arranging Fraudulent Marriages So Individuals Would Receive Green Cards
- REPORT: Andrew Cuomo addresses Chris Cuomo ‘Fredo’ rant
- VIDEO: Harris Faulkner Stops Former Clinton Advisor Cold
- REPORT: McCain’s family, McCain Institute announces method to mark anniversary of his death
- VIDEO: Fox News Anchor Fires Back At Trump
- VIDEO: Conservative actor declares Trump the ‘greatest president of this century’
- REPORT: Eric Trump shares name of the president’s 10th grandchild [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Warren draws crowd of 12,000 in surge reminiscent of Trump’s ‘surprising momentum’ in 2016
- VIDEO: White House spokesman rips into media for refusing ‘to call out anti-Semitism’