REPORT: Dozens of counties declare themselves ‘Second Amendment sanctuaries’ after Democrats win state legislature
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Dozens of counties in Virginia have declared themselves “Second Amendment sanctuaries” in recent weeks after Democrats won control of the state legislature last month.
CNN reported that Surrey and Craig counties were among the latest to pass resolutions this week in support of Second Amendment rights, joining more than 40 other counties across the state.
The article goes on to state the following:
The resolutions are not legally binding, CNN noted, and instead serve as declarations of support for citizens to exercise the right to carry weapons.
In a statement to CNN, Jonathan Lynn, county administrator and clerk of the Board of Surrey County, said, “The counties and gun groups are asking the jurisdictions and the commonwealth to support gun rights and their Second Amendment to make sure they [the state legislature] aren’t going to do anything to take that away.”
Two Virginia counties just declared themselves Second Amendment sanctuaries, joining more than 40 other counties across the state that have passed such resolutions in recent weeks https://t.co/Vnd1D7URn9
— CNN Politics (@CNNPolitics) December 6, 2019
I delivered a speech on the House floor this afternoon about the Second Amendment Sanctuary movement in Virginia and #VA05. “I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and I am proud to stand with the people that are speaking up for their constitutional rights.”
Watch here: pic.twitter.com/igcFaPMLSM
— Congressman Denver Riggleman (@RepRiggleman) December 5, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Hollywood icon calls out ‘blatant abuse of power’ in SAG acceptance speech
- UPDATE: As trial nears, Trump lawyers call impeachment case ‘flimsy’
- REPORT: Alan Dershowitz makes stunning statement on Trump impeachment acquittal
- EXCLUSIVE: Gun rally takes shape in VA
- REPORT: Schiff fires back at Trump: ‘What are you hiding?’
- REPORT: The 2020 Census begins
- DML: The key to killing impeachment is expose the Dems!
- VIDEO: Pelosi does impression of McConnell; uses grim nickname
- VIDEO: Bernie Sanders explains difference between him and Elizabeth Warren
- REPORT: Person who decided to release Strzok-Page texts revealed; Twitter outraged