REPORT: DOJ pushes back at Dem gloating over Mueller report deal
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
Justice Department officials are pushing back on the suggestion that a recently struck deal with House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler will give Democrats unfettered access to documents pertaining to former Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia probe.
A source familiar with the negotiations told Fox News on Tuesday that while the agreement with Nadler, D-N.Y., would allow members of his committee to review certain underlying evidence associated with the Mueller report, he is not going to get access to “whatever documents he wants.”
The article goes on to state the following:
“This is not a blank check. They can’t just see whatever they want,” the source told Fox News. “They have to tell us what they want to see and then we will consider that legitimate request. This is just the start of a process.”
The source also told Fox News that when Nadler requests a document, the White House will have the ability to review the files to see if any White House equities are implicated. At that point, President Trump would have the opportunity to assert executive privilege in a bid to protect them from release.
Today, we announced an agreement with the DOJ for #MuellerReport evidence of possible presidential obstruction. @HouseJudiciary will obtain key evidence underlying the Special Counsel investigation. https://t.co/2HG7zTI2xx pic.twitter.com/MbybVNnMOB
— (((Rep. Nadler))) (@RepJerryNadler) June 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News founder Dennis Michael Lynch discusses the homeless crisis in America and premiers 15-minutes of his new film on the subject in the video below. CLICK HERE to learn more. WATCH video below:
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Boy who was slashed in the throat by mom dies while standing in lunch line at school
- BREAKING: Justice Department releases opinion in fight for Trump’s tax returns
- REPORT: Trump brings out the chopping block with executive order on ‘advisory boards’
- VIDEO: Meghan Markle appears to be corrected by Prince Harry in viral Trooping the Colour video
- REPORT: Teen goes berserk during graduation practice, stabs principal in chest
- REPORT: State Assembly votes to give driver’s licenses to undocumented immigrants
- BREAKING: Judge makes decision on lawsuit from ex-Trump campaign staffer with kissing allegation
- REPORT: DOJ inspector general resolved ‘hang up’ on first Carter Page FISA application [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Official says African-American voters will ‘determine who sits in the White House’ – here’s who they support
- REPORT: Another American dies while staying at Dominican Republic resort