REPORT: DOJ Makes Stunning Revelation About Federal Arrests of Non-U.S. Citizens in 2018
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CNSNEWS.COM:
(CNSNews.com) – Approximately 64 percent of the arrests that the federal government made in fiscal 2018 were of non-U.S. citizens, according to a report released today by the Justice Department’s Bureau of Justice Statistics.
Although immigration and immigration-related offenses accounted for the vast majority of non-U.S. citizen arrests, non-citizens were also over-represented among those arrested for non-immigration offenses, according to the report.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The five crime types for which non-U.S. citizens were most likely to be prosecuted in U.S. district court in 2018 were illegal reentry (72 percent of prosecutions), drugs (13 percent of prosecutions), fraud (4.5 percent), alien smuggling (4 percent), and misuse of visas (2 percent).”
“Non-U.S. citizens, who make up 7 percent of the U.S. population (per the U.S. Census Bureau for 2017), accounted for 15 percent of prosecutions in U.S. district court for non-immigration crimes in 2018,” said the report.
Ah, here’s the more complete quote with crucial context. Non-citizens account for 64% of total federal arrests last year, and 15% of all non-immigration-related federal arrests — including ~one quarter of federal drug and fraud arrests: pic.twitter.com/GSx39P6TD9
— Guy Benson (@guypbenson) August 23, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CNSNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting CNSNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Saudi-led coalition reports evidence indicating who’s to blame for oil plant attacks
- BREAKING: Dog The Bounty Hunter, 66, ‘suffers heart emergency’
- BREAKING: State of New York takes major action to get their hands on Trump’s tax returns
- REPORT: Transgender Worker Gets Fired After Telling Conservative Customer To ‘Get The F*ck Out’
- POLL: Should Kavanaugh sue the New York Times?
- BREAKING: NASCAR champ, 61, dies in plane crash near Rhode Island
- REPORT: Lindsey Graham makes vow amid calls for Kavanaugh impeachment
- VIDEO: The moment Christie Brinkley falls and breaks her arm, ending role on DWTS
- BREAKING: High school friend challenges story of Kavanaugh accuser Christine Blasey Ford
- REPORT: Fisherman catches strange, ‘dinosaur-like’ creature [PHOTO]