REPORT: DNA tests confirm death of IS-linked leader
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by APNEWS.COM:
MANILA, Philippines (AP) — U.S. DNA tests have confirmed the death of a Muslim militant commander who helped lead the 2017 siege of a city in the southern Philippines and was considered a key leader of the Islamic State group in the region, officials said Sunday.
Interior Secretary Eduardo Ano said the tests confirmed that Owaida Marohombsar, who was also known by his nom de guerre Abu Dar, was one of four militants killed in a March 14 gunbattle that also left four soldiers dead near southern Tubaran town in Lanao del Sur province. The Philippine military asked U.S. authorities to confirm Marohombsar’s death through DNA tests.
The article goes on to state the following:
Marohombsar helped lead the May 23, 2017, siege of Marawi, which troops quelled after five months of ground assaults and airstrikes that left more than 1,100 people, mostly militants, dead and destroyed the mosque-studded city’s commercial and residential districts.
Leader of Isis in Philippines killed, DNA tests confirm https://t.co/EJx6tkKdid
— Guardian news (@guardiannews) April 14, 2019
DNA test confirms killing of leader of ISIS-affiliated group in Philippines https://t.co/rC7CAoCrQs
— CNN (@CNN) April 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit APNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting APNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Supreme Court conservatives signal possible support for census citizenship question
- VIDEO: Woman missing for five days is found alive in her wrecked car
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar claims US forces killed ‘thousands’ of Somalis in resurfaced tweet
- BREAKING: Militia leader allegedly said group was ‘training’ to kill Obama, Clinton, and Soros
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton breaks her silence on Mueller report, discusses potential Trump impeachment
- REPORT: Jacqui Saburido, who became the face of anti-drunk driving campaigns, dead at age 40 [VIDEOS]
- REPORT: Jordan demands answers over Democrats’ secret meetings about Trump-focused probes
- REPORT: US military reviewing rules after soldiers on American soil surrendered pistol to Mexican troops
- FACT CHECK: Did Ilhan Omar Tweet ‘They Reap What They Sow’ During The Notre Dame Fire?
- EXCLUSIVE: Obama gets pounded for response to attack on Christians in Sri Lanka