REPORT: Disgraced Multimillionaire Remains on Bloomberg Foundation Board Despite Harassment Claims
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FreeBeacon:
An advertising mogul who was removed from the helm of his own business after employees said he subjected women to “brutal and inhuman” treatment remains on the board of Michael Bloomberg’s personal charity organization.
Martin Sorrell, a member of the Bloomberg Family Foundation’s board of directors, in 2018 was forced to resign from his position as chief executive of communications giant WPP, which he founded in 1985. The resignation came after Sorrell’s female assistants accused the multimillionaire of fostering a “toxic environment” with “routine verbal abuse.” One anonymous staffer compared working for Sorrell to “being in an abusive relationship.” Sorrell was also investigated for using company funds to pay a prostitute and was forced to pay back nearly $220,000 of WPP money he used for personal matters.
The article goes on to state the following:
Despite the allegations against Sorrell and his subsequent resignation, the businessman remains on the Bloomberg Family Foundation’s board, which he joined as an inaugural member in 2010. Bloomberg has faced his own allegations of workplace harassment. Multiple female employees have accused the former New York City mayor of making crude sexual comments such as “I’d like to do that piece of meat” and “I would do you in a second.”
Disgraced Multimillionaire Remains on Bloomberg Foundation Board Despite Harassment Claims https://t.co/Z9XmIPYH3n
— Free Beacon (@FreeBeacon) February 21, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit FreeBeacon. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FreeBeacon
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Governor claims state will exhaust ventilator stockpile in 6 days
- REPORT: Chrissy Teigen attacks Trump over press briefing remark
- REPORT: Don Jr. breaks quarantine at a shooting range in the Hamptons [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: Trump responds to Biden’s offer to help on coronavirus response
- VIDEO: Healthy 39-year-old DJ died of coronavirus. What his young widow and daughter want you to know [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: Nurse sobs after quitting because her hospital didn’t have enough PPE
- VIDEO: Florida emergency official slams US manufacturer for selling masks to foreign countries, Trump responds
- BREAKING: ‘Yogi Bear Show’ Voice Actress Dies Of COVID-19
- REPORT: New ‘hot spot’ state: Coronavirus cases jump 42 percent in one day
- VIDEO: Dolly Parton shares video message about coronavirus pandemic