REPORT: ‘That is discrimination’: Two transgender women sue Florida. Here’s why
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Two transgender women have sued Florida over a law that prohibits state employer-provided health plans from covering gender reassignment or modification services.
Jami Claire, 62, and Kathryn Lane, 38, argue that Florida state healthcare policy violates the Constitution and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. They have partnered with several organizations, including the ACLU of Florida and Southern Legal Counsel, in the suit.
The article goes on to state the following:
Their lawsuit, filed in the Northern District of Florida, argues that both Claire and Lane’s gender dysphoria, a condition where one feels distress because of a psychological disconnect between their gender identity and biological sex, have worsened because they have had to delay transition-related care.
“We brought this lawsuit because all people need access to medical care. This is not about special treatment; this is about equal treatment,” said the suits head counsel, Simone Chriss. “Transgender state employees are singled out and explicitly denied coverage for one reason: They are transgender. That is discrimination, and it cannot stand.”
— Changing America (@ChangingAmerica) January 14, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Chaffetz weighs in as media heaps praise on Adam Schiff
- EXCLUSIVE: Fox News to host town hall for 2020 Dem candidate… again
- VIDEO: Dad Confronts Warren On Student Loan Forgiveness
- TRUMP TWEETS: Mocks Bloomberg, who quickly responds
- REPORT: Canadian-born singer celebrates new US citizenship beside voter registration booth [PHOTO]
- VIDEO: Massive brawl at college game goes viral
- REPORT: Lindsey Graham reports record fundraising haul in fourth quarter
- THEY WON’T STOP: Kevin McCarthy Says Democrats Want To DESTROY President Trump
- TRUMP TWEETS: Unleashes on Schiff and Dems over impeachment trial in major Twitterstorm
- VIDEO: California man dies after hurtling 400 feet across river in his Mercedes after 100 mph police chase