REPORT: DHS Plan to Shoot Down Drones Near U.S. Airports Draws Criticism
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FreeBeacon:
Republican leaders on the House Homeland Security Committee are opposing new proposals that would allow the federal government to shoot down rogue unmanned drones that fly near American airports.
Reps. Mike Rogers (R., Ala.) and Sam Graves (R., Mo.) petitioned the Department of Homeland Security on Thursday to urge Trump administration officials to reconsider a plan to grant the Federal Air Marshal Service the power to shoot unmanned drones that enter the airspace near the nation’s airports.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The National Airspace System hosts over 44,000 flights carrying 2.7 million passengers each day, with many of our airports in or near densely populated communities,” the lawmakers said in a joint statement. “The only federal agency that fully understands the incredible complexity of this system, in its totality, is the Federal Aviation Administration.”
“Nobody wants drones to cause disruptions at our airports, but to hastily hand over authority to shoot down drones to an agency that doesn’t have the critical knowledge or experience of how our airspace system functions is irresponsible and dangerous,” the lawmakers said.
DHS Plan to Shoot Down Drones Near U.S. Airports Draws Criticismhttps://t.co/5yn2OdBrfB
— Free Beacon (@FreeBeacon) November 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FreeBeacon. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FreeBeacon
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: GOP counsel’s accessory goes viral. Here’s why
- VIDEO: Ted Cruz: IG report shows Obama admin’s stunning abuse of power
- BREAKING: FISA report: DOJ watchdog releases findings on Russia probe surveillance
- BREAKING: Watch live: Democrats announce articles of impeachment against Trump [VIDEO]
- UPDATE: Massive gun battle erupts in New Jersey, officers shot, cops searching for 3rd gunman
- BREAKING: Navy makes HUGE announcement about flight training of Saudi Arabian students in wake of Florida base shooting
- VIDEO: Kellyanne Conway slams impeachment efforts
- REPORT: Comey and McCabe fought to include Steele dossier in intelligence assessment on Russian interference
- VIDEO: Michelle Obama declares she’s ‘waiting to be asked’ for help by Democratic nominee
- BREAKING: Gunmen open fire on cops in Jersey City, school on lockdown [VIDEOS]