REPORT: DHS Plan to Shoot Down Drones Near U.S. Airports Draws Criticism
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FreeBeacon:
Republican leaders on the House Homeland Security Committee are opposing new proposals that would allow the federal government to shoot down rogue unmanned drones that fly near American airports.
Reps. Mike Rogers (R., Ala.) and Sam Graves (R., Mo.) petitioned the Department of Homeland Security on Thursday to urge Trump administration officials to reconsider a plan to grant the Federal Air Marshal Service the power to shoot unmanned drones that enter the airspace near the nation’s airports.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The National Airspace System hosts over 44,000 flights carrying 2.7 million passengers each day, with many of our airports in or near densely populated communities,” the lawmakers said in a joint statement. “The only federal agency that fully understands the incredible complexity of this system, in its totality, is the Federal Aviation Administration.”
“Nobody wants drones to cause disruptions at our airports, but to hastily hand over authority to shoot down drones to an agency that doesn’t have the critical knowledge or experience of how our airspace system functions is irresponsible and dangerous,” the lawmakers said.
DHS Plan to Shoot Down Drones Near U.S. Airports Draws Criticismhttps://t.co/5yn2OdBrfB
— Free Beacon (@FreeBeacon) November 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FreeBeacon. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FreeBeacon
Trending on DML News App
- WHY DO THIS TO TRUMP? Fox News Poll reveals anti-Trump sentiment
- HYPOCRISY: Dems seeking to impeach Trump for blocking aid to Ukraine, voted against the same thing
- GOT TO SEE: Joy Villa shocks liberals with Pro-Trump dress at Grammys
- VIDEO: Schiff scoffs at GOP calls for his testimony in impeachment trial
- REPORT: Schiff fires back at Trump: ‘What are you hiding?’
- VIDEO: Schiff says Trump tweet is ‘intended to be’ a threat
- REPORT: Trump rips Chuck Todd for ‘softball’ Schiff interview
- VIDEO: Dershowitz speaks out on case Democrats laid out in Senate trial
- REPORT: 2020 hopeful celebrates after qualifying poll puts him back on Democratic debate stage
- UPDATE: FIFTH coronavirus case now confirmed in US; infection can spread before symptoms show