REPORT: Dems rush to support Pelosi amid fight with Ocasio-Cortez
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A growing number of progressive House Democrats, frustrated with an ongoing spat between Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and freshman Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D), are taking the freshman New Yorker to task for accusing Pelosi of treating minority women unfairly.
The critics say Ocasio-Cortez, the youngest woman ever elected to Congress, crossed a line when she accused Pelosi of putting a target on “newly elected women of color” for their far-left policy positions.
The article goes on to state the following:
The remarks — and the media uproar they’ve created — led exasperated Democrats to sound off Thursday against the freshman social-media sensation, accusing Ocasio-Cortez of harboring unrealistic views about her own influence on Capitol Hill — to the detriment of the Democrats’ ambitious policy agenda.
Other liberals, like Rep. Val Demings (D-Fla.), a Black Caucus member, warned of the political dangers stringent ideological demands create.
“You know how people lose the elections? By not having the ability to see the big picture and not being able to keep their eye on the ball,” Demings said.
Jonathan Easley, National Political Reporter for The Hill, tweeted, “Rep. Lacy Clay just unloaded on @AOC , her chief of staff and Justice Democrats in the Speaker’s Lobby, calls them “juvenile,” says ‘their ignorance is beyond belief’: ‘You’re getting push back so you resort to using the race card? Unbelievable.’
Rep. Lacy Clay just unloaded on @AOC , her chief of staff and Justice Democrats in the Speaker’s Lobby, calls them “juvenile,” says “their ignorance is beyond belief”: “You’re getting push back so you resort to using the race card? Unbelievable.”
— Jonathan Easley (@JonEasley) July 11, 2019
Clay is a Democratic member of both the Black and Progressive caucuses from Missouri.
Worth pointing out that @justicedems, the group aligned w/ AOC & her chief, recently backed a Dem primary challenger to Lacy Clay.
— Melanie Zanona (@MZanona) July 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: CBS’s Gayle King asks Pressley whether calling Trump ‘occupant’ of the Oval Office is respectful
- VIDEO: ‘Morning Joe’ drags out nearly 30-yr-old footage of Trump with Jeffrey Epstein at Mar-a-Lago party
- BREAKING: Major development in sexual assault case against actor Kevin Spacey
- REPORT: Republican support for Trump shifts after his ‘go back’ tweets
- REPORT: Here are the 95 Democrats who voted to support impeachment
- BREAKING: Judge makes sudden announcement on probe tied to Trump hush-money payments
- REPORT: NBC Fails To Mention Democrat Who Entered Mar-A-Lago Alongside Epstein In 1992
- BREAKING: Results: House votes on resolution to impeach Trump
- REPORT: House Dems Unload On ‘The Squad’ — ‘It Makes People’s Skin Crawl’
- BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez gets new 2020 challenger: a Republican immigrant