REPORT: Dems defy Trump, boost funding to program he wanted to eliminate
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
House Democrats on Tuesday unveiled a bill that would add funding for major arts programs that President Trump had sought to cut or eliminate altogether.
The bill funds the National Endowment for the Arts and the National Endowment for the Humanities. Both would receive $167.5 million, an increase of $12.5 million from current spending.
The article goes on to state the following:
House Democrats also added $2.2 million to the budget of the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.
Trump proposed eliminating the National Endowment for the Arts and National Endowment for the Humanities in his 2020 budget. He prosed cutting the Kennedy Center’s budget by $1.6 million.
Very excited to see House Interior bill recommends $167.5 mil. for National Endowment for the Arts – an increase of $12.5 mil. The exact amount pursued at our National Arts Action Summit in March #ArtsAdvocacy works!
— Narric Rome (@NarricAFTA) May 14, 2019
— Wendi McLendon-Covey (@wendimclendonco) May 14, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) May 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- EXCLUSIVE: Comey responds after Trump orders declassification of surveillance documents
- REPORT: Schiff lambasts Trump’s order to intel agencies to cooperate with Barr probe
- BREAKING: Trump strikes, orders declassification of documents, cooperation with Barr
- POLL: Do you support Trump’s move to declassify documents related to the surveillance of his campaign?
- BREAKING: Facebook announces decision on viral doctored Pelosi video
- REPORT: Pelosi’s daughter launches Twitterstorm, rips altered videos
- REPORT: Edward Snowden issues statement after Julian Assange charged with espionage
- BREAKING: Lone Republican blocks House passage of disaster relief bill
- REPORT: Mother and twin daughters starved to death in apartment
- REPORT: New details emerge on judge who upheld subpoenas on Trump’s bank records