REPORT: Dems defy Trump, boost funding to program he wanted to eliminate
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
House Democrats on Tuesday unveiled a bill that would add funding for major arts programs that President Trump had sought to cut or eliminate altogether.
The bill funds the National Endowment for the Arts and the National Endowment for the Humanities. Both would receive $167.5 million, an increase of $12.5 million from current spending.
The article goes on to state the following:
House Democrats also added $2.2 million to the budget of the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.
Trump proposed eliminating the National Endowment for the Arts and National Endowment for the Humanities in his 2020 budget. He prosed cutting the Kennedy Center’s budget by $1.6 million.
Very excited to see House Interior bill recommends $167.5 mil. for National Endowment for the Arts – an increase of $12.5 mil. The exact amount pursued at our National Arts Action Summit in March #ArtsAdvocacy works!
— Narric Rome (@NarricAFTA) May 14, 2019
— Wendi McLendon-Covey (@wendimclendonco) May 14, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) May 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Chris Cuomo Sends Sean Hannity A Message He Can’t Refuse
- REPORT: US Resident Admits Arranging Fraudulent Marriages So Individuals Would Receive Green Cards
- VIDEO: Harris Faulkner Stops Former Clinton Advisor Cold
- REPORT: McCain’s family, McCain Institute announces method to mark anniversary of his death
- VIDEO: Fox News Anchor Fires Back At Trump
- REPORT: Andrew Cuomo addresses Chris Cuomo ‘Fredo’ rant
- REPORT: Eric Trump shares name of the president’s 10th grandchild [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: White House spokesman rips into media for refusing ‘to call out anti-Semitism’
- VIDEO: Surveillance video shows what happens when illegal aliens try to climb new border wall
- REPORT: Fact Check: Elizabeth Warren Crowd Size Reports May Be Inaccurate | Breitbart