REPORT: Democrats name Cummings replacement for acting chair of House Oversight Committee
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
House Democrats named New York Rep. Carolyn Maloney acting chair of the House Oversight and Reform Committee on Thursday. This puts Maloney at the helm, at least temporarily, of one of the panels investigating President Trump as part of Democrats’ impeachment inquiry.
Maloney, 73, was second in seniority on the investigatory panel behind Chair Elijah Cummings, a Maryland Democrat who died early Thursday morning at 68 after a long illness. Maloney, first elected to the House in 1992, may be poised to take over the committee’s chair permanently. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi of California will make that call, with consent of the 234-member Democratic Caucus.
The article goes on to state the following:
The Oversight and Reform Committee is one of several House panels with members participating in the impeachment inquiry of Trump. It’s being led in the House Intelligence Committee by Rep. Adam Schiff, a California Democrat, along with lawmakers from the other panels. While the Ukraine whistleblower issue is currently its main line of inquiry, the Oversight and Reform panel may bring in additional issues to impeachment proceedings.
NEW: Maloney named acting chair of House Oversight committee after Cummings deathhttps://t.co/iNpsXiqS5h
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) October 17, 2019
— Carolyn B. Maloney (@RepMaloney) October 17, 2019
Maloney slammed Trump over a letter he sent to Turkey’s President Erdogan on Wednesday:
.@realDonaldTrump – you wouldn’t need to send this letter – and hope that President Erdogan cares about being remembered as a “devil” – if you hadn’t abandoned our Kurdish allies in the first place. Their deaths and the return of ISIS is on you. https://t.co/33r0o5qS1u
— Carolyn B. Maloney (@RepMaloney) October 16, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Federal prosecutors announce new investigation into Giuliani involving Ukraine
- REPORT: Democrats send message to federal judge about Trump’s NY tax returns
- REPORT: First Lady Melania Trump given disgusting label on Wikimedia’s Wikidata Site
- REPORT: Syria’s Assad comments on Jeffrey Epstein death
- VIDEO: Ken Starr comments on Trump’s tweet during Yovanovitch testimony
- VIDEO: GOP reps rally to Stefanik’s defense as Schiff stifles her at impeachment hearings
- POLL: Was Trump’s tweet against Yovanovitch ‘intimidation of a witness’?
- REPORT: State Dept. official confirms Trump-Sondland conversation on Ukraine probes
- EXCLUSIVE: Ilhan Omar threatens Trump amid impeachment hearings
- VIDEO: Trump accuses intelligence inspector general of seeking ‘publicity for himself’