REPORT: Democrats lash Devin Nunes plan for private chat with William Barr
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
House Democrats are sounding the alarm over plans by House Intelligence Committee ranking member Devin Nunes, R-Calif., to meet privately with Attorney General Bill Barr to discuss criminal referrals against federal authorities involved in investigating Trump and his campaign associates over the Russia collusion allegations.
In a hearing before the Senate Appropriations Committee this week, Barr said that he plans to investigate the probes and the collection of evidence that sparked special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation. Nunes joined other congressional Republicans in supporting Barr’s probe, saying over the last several days that he will send as many as eight criminal referrals to the Justice Department. At the hearing, Barr told lawmakers that he was awaiting Nunes’ information as the new probes unfold.
The article goes on to state the following:
“We expect to learn more if and when the Department of Justice receives the referrals, assuming the department follows appropriate protocol and Barr holds any such meeting only with representatives of the majority and minority present,” one Democratic Intelligence Committee member told Politico.
“[B]ut it is clear they believe they now have an ally in the attorney general to perpetuate their conspiracy theories of ‘spying’ and their determination to investigate the investigators, no matter how misguided and damaging their efforts are to our national institutions, or the dedicated public servants who work to keep us safe,” the aide added.
CLICK THE LINK BELOW to read more of this report by the Washington Examiner.
AG Barr said that he plans to investigate the probes and collection of evidence that sparked special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation. @DevinNunes joined other congressional Republicans in supporting Barr’s probe, making Democrats very unhappy.https://t.co/i9NJ1QfgE7
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) April 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Remains found in Oregon believed to be missing “Seinfeld” actor
- REPORT: The Border Wall Fight Just Got To The Supreme Court
- VIDEO: Area 51 expert warns what could happen if social media campaign to ‘storm’ top-secret site occurs
- REPORT: Presidential candidate tells House Dems to ‘f–k off’ after attack on AOC’s ally
- BREAKING: Prosecutors reveal more items discovered in Jeffrey Epstein’s locked safe, including fake passport
- TWEET: Trump doubles down after telling Democratic congresswomen to ‘go back’ to their countries
- BREAKING: Trump moves to end asylum protections for most Central Americans
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham weighs in on Trump feud with congresswomen, Trump responds
- BREAKING: Pelosi announces House resolution to condemn Trump’s ‘xenophobic tweets’
- VIDEO: Trump gets into fiery exchange with reporters over tweets against Dem congresswomen