REPORT: Democrats give up trying to get former Trump official to testify in impeachment trial
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
House Democrats have signaled they are moving on from their efforts to obtain testimony from former national security adviser John Bolton after they say a lawyer for Bolton threatened to file a lawsuit if their client was subpoenaed.
Democrats had scheduled for Bolton to testify voluntarily on Thursday as part of the chamber’s impeachment inquiry into President Trump’s dealings with Ukraine, but sources ahead of his testimony said it was unlikely that the longtime GOP hawk would appear.
The article goes on to state the following:
A House Intelligence Committee official later said in a statement that a lawyer for Bolton notified the panel that “Mr. Bolton would take us to court if we subpoenaed him.”
— The Hill (@thehill) November 7, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: W.H.O. makes announcement on trial of anti-malaria drug hydoxychloroquine
- REPORT: Here are the times President Barack Obama played golf on Memorial Day weekends
- REPORT: Judge Blocks Prosecution’s Request In Epstein Case
- EXCLUSIVE: Retired INS agent rips into Governor Cuomo, reveals corruption over nursing home deaths [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Possible Running Mate Scolds Biden Over ‘You Ain’t Black’ Remark…On CNN!
- EXCLUSIVE: Single mom, physician assistant posts blistering open letter to Gov. Cuomo [READ]
- Submit News
- REPORT: Ahmaud Arbery family’s legal team reveals probe into law enforcement
- REPORT: NAACP pushes back on Biden’s claim it endorsed him after ‘you ain’t black’ furor
- VIDEO: Black Guns Matter founder mocks potential Bloomberg-Clinton ticket with ‘SUPER’ nickname