REPORT: Democrats cool toward NAFTA replacement, question labor standards
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by REUTERS.COM:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives gave a cool reception to the replacement for the North American Free Trade Agreement on Wednesday as the top U.S. trade negotiator opened a campaign to win broad support for the accord in Congress.
Several Democrats said a closed-door meeting between United States Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer and their caucus failed to ease their concerns about the new U.S.-Mexico-Canada Agreement’s (USMCA) provisions on labor, biologic drugs and some other issues.
The article goes on to state the following:
A USTR spokeswoman declined to comment on the meeting.
One of Democrats’ top concerns in the new North American trade pact is to ensure Mexico implements labor law reforms required under the deal and to guarantee the high labor and environment standards can be enforced https://t.co/vaicgobKVT
— POLITICO (@politico) March 13, 2019
— Reuters Top News (@Reuters) March 13, 2019
— POLITICO Playbook (@playbookplus) March 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit REUTERS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting REUTERS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: 2020 candidate: There’s “no question” Trump faked a disability to avoid Vietnam war
- REPORT: The Obamas are worth 30 times more than when they entered the White House their millions
- Media cries over Pelosi video
- CLAIM: Martin Luther King Jr had 40 affairs and laughed as friend raped woman
- POLL: Should illegal alien get the death penalty
- REPORT: Playboy model is chased out of ultra-orthodox Jewish area in New York
- Police are searching for a missing 5-year-old Utah girl. They said the case won’t end well
- Woman dies, 10 officers hurt when vehicles crash in Chicago
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton: Donald Trump ‘Running Scared’ from Nancy Pelosi
- Video: Fox News host Jeanine Pirro says Nancy Pelosi needs “an intervention” and is “batty”