REPORT: Democrats consider ways to prevent the whistleblower from being identified
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
House Democrats are looking to prevent the whistleblower from being identified by holding the person’s testimony at a remote location and potentially changing their appearance and voice.
Democrats are going to great lengths to hide the whistleblower’s identity out of fear the Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee could leak their identity, according to The Washington Post, which cited three people familiar with the discussions.
The article goes on to state the following:
Democrats are considering holding testimony outside the Capitol as well as a staff-only session that would bar lawmakers from questioning the whistleblower, according to the Post.
According to the Post, aides have considered:
- having the whistleblower testify remotely via a video hookup with the whistleblower’s image blurred and voice altered
- having the whistleblower sit behind a screen or partition
- audio-only testimony
This entire process has been a scam.
Dems now plan to only allow themselves and their staff to know the whistleblower’s identity, while concealing it from Republican committee members.
— Steve Scalise (@SteveScalise) October 7, 2019
Breaking via WaPo: House Democrats eager to protect the whistleblower are considering testimony at a remote location and possibly obscuring the individual’s appearance and voice — extraordinary moves to prevent Trump’s allies from revealing the identity. https://t.co/IQk5o0HgDT
— Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) October 7, 2019
— The Lead CNN (@TheLeadCNN) October 7, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Incredible video of undercover officer disarming man who stole rifle from police
- VIDEO: Dallas business owner trying to defend store beaten and stoned by rioters – DML responds
- VIDEO: Professor who predicted Trump’s 2016 win explains who he thinks will win between Trump/Biden
- Daily Deal: Miracle Me Mini
- REPORT: Sessions Admits Trump’s Frustration With Russia Probe ‘Not All Unjustified’
- DML LIVE: Where’s Obama’s call for violence to stop? [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Minnesota governor makes announcement authorizing National Guard
- REPORT: Police make terrible discovery at former home of couple arrested in abuse case
- VIDEO: Dozens of volunteers descend on Minneapolis to clean up after riots
- VIDEO: Video shows moment woman threw Molotov cocktail at NYPD car