REPORT: Democrat senator reacts to GOP request to subpoena whistleblower
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Democratic California Rep. Eric Swalwell said Democrats should deny any Republican request to subpoena the whistleblower to testify in the ongoing impeachment proceeding against President Trump.
Any witnesses suggested by the minority must be approved by the Democratic committee chairman or by a committee vote under House rules adopted for impeachment proceedings in an Oct. 31 vote. Swalwell sits on the House Intelligence Committee at the center of the impeachment investigation.
The article goes on to state the following:
“I look at the whistleblower like someone who pulled the fire alarm,” Swalwell said. “First responders show up, and they see flames, smoke, burning building, an arsonist holding the gasoline can with matches. You don’t really need to know who pulled the fire alarm.”
Swalwell went on to accuse the GOP of trying to “punish the whistleblower, put the whistleblower in harm’s way.”
Rep. Eric Swalwell said Democrats should exercise their right to block Republicans from subpoenaing testimony from the whistleblower, hours after Rep. Jim Jordan said his party planned to add that person to their list of impeachment witnesses. https://t.co/BQ1dcDDJwZ
— Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) November 7, 2019
In the future, you will go to jail if you out a whistleblower. Legislation coming.
— Rep. Eric Swalwell (@RepSwalwell) November 7, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Lindsey Graham predicts Biden’s vice presidential pick
- REPORT: Rubio fires warning shot at Twitter after it puts fact-check label on Trump tweet
- BREAKING: Minneapolis cop Derek Chauvin subject of complaints before George Floyd’s death
- VIDEO: Kayleigh McEnany responds to reports she voted by mail 11 times
- EXCLUSIVE: Retired INS agent rips into Governor Cuomo, reveals corruption over nursing home deaths [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Bill Gates explains why he met with Epstein
- REPORT: Former CBS News president warns anti-Trump liberal media has gone too far
- VIDEO: Video shows altercation between looters and woman in wheelchair outside Minneapolis Target
- BREAKING: Minnesota governor makes announcement in response to protests over George Floyd’s death
- VIDEO: Jim Jordan touts Trump ability to return strong economy post-coronavirus