REPORT: Democrat senator reacts to GOP request to subpoena whistleblower
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Democratic California Rep. Eric Swalwell said Democrats should deny any Republican request to subpoena the whistleblower to testify in the ongoing impeachment proceeding against President Trump.
Any witnesses suggested by the minority must be approved by the Democratic committee chairman or by a committee vote under House rules adopted for impeachment proceedings in an Oct. 31 vote. Swalwell sits on the House Intelligence Committee at the center of the impeachment investigation.
The article goes on to state the following:
“I look at the whistleblower like someone who pulled the fire alarm,” Swalwell said. “First responders show up, and they see flames, smoke, burning building, an arsonist holding the gasoline can with matches. You don’t really need to know who pulled the fire alarm.”
Swalwell went on to accuse the GOP of trying to “punish the whistleblower, put the whistleblower in harm’s way.”
Rep. Eric Swalwell said Democrats should exercise their right to block Republicans from subpoenaing testimony from the whistleblower, hours after Rep. Jim Jordan said his party planned to add that person to their list of impeachment witnesses. https://t.co/BQ1dcDDJwZ
— Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) November 7, 2019
In the future, you will go to jail if you out a whistleblower. Legislation coming.
— Rep. Eric Swalwell (@RepSwalwell) November 7, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Spoiler Alert: Here’s what happened to Sean Spicer on ‘Dancing With the Stars’
- BREAKING: Supreme Court makes decision on lawsuit against gun manufacturer brought by Sandy Hook families
- VIDEO: Former McCain campaign manager predicts who Trump’s 2020 VP running mate will be
- OP-ED: Fox analyst says Democrats’ Trump impeachment inquiry is already in big trouble, thanks to one man
- REPORT: Colin Kaepernick gets opportunity from NFL: ‘Can’t wait to see the head coaches and GMs’
- REPORT: The Supreme Court Looks Ready To Uphold Trump’s Bid To End DACA
- VIDEO: Fox anchor blasts Mollie Hemingway for naming alleged whistleblower
- REPORT: First Member of Congress Names Alleged ‘Whistleblower’: ‘He’s Not Voldemort’
- POLL: Do you support Trump making a “deal” for DACA recipients to stay?
- REPORT: Dem congressman’s campaign has now paid over $1M to sister’s firm