REPORT: Democrat lawmaker wants to strike phrase ‘illegal alien’ from state law
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
A Democratic Colorado state representative wants to do away with the term “illegal alien” in state law because it disparages migrants.
Susan Lontine told the New York Times on Thursday she planned to introduce legislation later this month that would eliminate the term “illegal aliens” from the state’s books. She instead wants lawmakers to use the term “undocumented immigrants.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Lontine said she blanches when she hears President Trump use “illegal immigrants” during speeches and was further motivated to nix the phrase when a friend of hers found it while training for a new job for the city of Denver.
Lontine said, “She goes: ‘Why are you using that? That’s an awful term.”
Democrats control Colorado’s Legislature, suggesting the proposal may have potential to become state law.
A state Democrat wants to change “illegal alien” to “undocumented immigrant” in laws statewide.https://t.co/WrKfX3NTAn
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) February 13, 2020
California removed “alien” from its labor code. A New York City Council bill would ban “illegal alien” and “illegal immigrant” from city documents. And now this Colorado lawmaker wants to remove “illegal alien” from the state law. https://t.co/ZjfDGQcQjp
— NYT National News (@NYTNational) February 13, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Black Guns Matter founder mocks potential Bloomberg-Clinton ticket with ‘SUPER’ nickname
- REPORT: Assange lawyer claims Trump offered pardon in exchange for this favor
- Last day for FREE MIRACLE ME MINI
- REPORT: Soros demands ouster of Zuckerberg, Sandberg from Facebook
- First Look At Bloomberg’s Super Bowl Ad
- VIDEO: Meghan McCain gets into fiery spat with Joy Behar over Bloomberg
- VIDEO: Trump speaks out on AG Bill Barr
- REPORT: Trump slams LA mayor for ‘urging illegals to beat the system’
- VIDEO: Greg Gutfeld speculates on why Bloomberg is ‘getting a pass’
- REPORT: Limbaugh says Trump advised him after Buttigieg remarks