REPORT: Democrat-Controlled House Passed Bill with ‘Quid Pro Quo’ on Election Interference
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by BREITBART.COM:
Democrats and the media cried foul Thursday when acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney argued that it was “appropriate” for the president to withhold funds from Ukraine until it investigated possible interference in the 2016 presidential election.
But the Democrat-controlled U.S. House of Representatives passed a bill in September that imposes restrictions on transactions with Russia until it had been cleared of election interference.
The article goes on to state the following:
In the House version, all “United States persons” are prohibited “from engaging in transactions with, providing financing for, or in any other way dealing in Russian sovereign debt” after a certain date. That prohibition is lifted after the DNI can certify, within a certain timeframe, that “neither the Government of Russia, nor any person acting as an agent of or on behalf of that government, has knowingly engaged in interference in the most recent election for Federal office”; and after “Congress has passed a joint resolution certifying the determination” of the DNI.
The Senate bill set a requirement for the Director of National Intelligence to investigate allegations of Russian interference in U.S. elections.
Maybe the Democrats should impeach themselves https://t.co/D5dNJGiIK5
— Joel B. Pollak (@joelpollak) October 17, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit BREITBART.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting BREITBART.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Details emerge of connection between Schiff aide and alleged whistleblower
- VIDEO: Jordan calls out Schiff during heated exchange while grilling Vindman
- VIDEO: Prince Andrew’s ex speaks out on Epstein
- REPORT: Pence’s office responds to Sondland’s testimony claiming he raised concerns about investigations
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- POLL: Is Pelosi jeopardizing the integrity of the 2020 elections?
- EXCLUSIVE: Mitch McConnell comments on likelihood of Senate impeaching Trump [VIDEO]
- Morning briefing: Nov 20
- EXCLUSIVE: Homeless crisis takes its toll, prompting question: How much more can we take?
- VIDEO: 2020 Dem Posts ‘Lock Him Up’ Campaign Ad Against Trump, But It’s Missing Something…