REPORT: Democrat-controlled Arizona city rejects plan to be sanctuary city
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by BREITBART.COM:
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — After Arizona passed a law that required local police to check the immigration status of people suspected to be in the country illegally, the state’s second-largest city wanted to send a message.
The Democrats who control Tucson designated their town an “immigrant welcoming city” in 2012, and the police department adopted rules limiting when officers can ask about the immigration status of people they encounter.
The article goes on to state the following:
But on Tuesday, given the chance to push the envelope further, the heavily Democratic city voted overwhelmingly not to become an official “sanctuary city” with more restrictions on how and when police officers can enforce immigration laws.
Democrat-controlled Tucson, Arizona has voted not to become an official “sanctuary city” for illegal aliens. https://t.co/THULMa3zus
— Breitbart News (@BreitbartNews) November 6, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit BREITBART.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting BREITBART.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Spoiler Alert: Here’s what happened to Sean Spicer on ‘Dancing With the Stars’
- BREAKING: Supreme Court makes decision on lawsuit against gun manufacturer brought by Sandy Hook families
- VIDEO: Former McCain campaign manager predicts who Trump’s 2020 VP running mate will be
- OP-ED: Fox analyst says Democrats’ Trump impeachment inquiry is already in big trouble, thanks to one man
- REPORT: Colin Kaepernick gets opportunity from NFL: ‘Can’t wait to see the head coaches and GMs’
- REPORT: The Supreme Court Looks Ready To Uphold Trump’s Bid To End DACA
- VIDEO: Fox anchor blasts Mollie Hemingway for naming alleged whistleblower
- REPORT: First Member of Congress Names Alleged ‘Whistleblower’: ‘He’s Not Voldemort’
- POLL: Do you support Trump making a “deal” for DACA recipients to stay?
- REPORT: Dem congressman’s campaign has now paid over $1M to sister’s firm