REPORT: Dem Navy veteran files election papers to challenge Crenshaw
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A Democratic Navy veteran says she has plans to challenge newly minted U.S. Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R-Texas), a former Navy SEAL.
Elisa Cardnell, 32, filed paperwork with the Federal Election Commission on Thursday to challenge Crenshaw for Texas’s 2nd Congressional District, the Houston Chronicle reported Friday.
Cardnell spent five years on active duty in the Navy, rising to the rank of lieutenant and serving as an anti-submarine warfare officer, the newspaper noted. She left the Navy reserves in 2018 after six years and is currently a science teacher.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Before 2016, I tried to stay out of politics, especially since as a member of the military I viewed my role as necessarily nonpartisan — at least in public life,” Cardnell said. “But now I feel that I have to do something, and my entire career of serving my country and my community has led me to this point.”
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Florida sheriff just loses it while describing MASSIVE drug trafficking bust
- VIDEO: ‘Bombshell’ report on James Comey coming in two weeks, attorney says
- BREAKING: Twitter CEO called Rep. Ilhan Omar about Trump’s 911 tweet
- POLL: In a 2020 matchup, who would win: Trump or Biden?
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez suffers social media gaffe by criticizing photo of ‘GOP’ politician who is actually a Democrat
- BREAKING: Boston-area judge charged with helping undocumented immigrant elude ICE
- VIDEO: Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh is nowhere to be found, amid FBI raids
- REPORT: First woman elected to lead Dallas County GOP dies unexpectedly at 47
- BREAKING: Outrage erupts over $2M bill from North Korea for Otto Warmbier’s care
- REPORT: FBI, IRS agents search Baltimore Mayor’s homes, City Hall