REPORT: Dem governor fights back after Trump sues state over sanctuary policy
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NJ.COM:
A day after President Donald Trump’s administration filed a lawsuit seeking to overturn controversial restrictions on when police New Jersey can cooperate with federal immigration officials, Gov. Phil Murphy on Tuesday vowed to defend the policy “with great vigor.”
Murphy, a Democrat who frequently criticizes Trump, said the Republican president is simply trying to “vilify” immigrants as he seeks re-election in November.
The article goes on to state the following:
And Murphy argued that the restrictions are designed to make the Garden State a safer place for all residents.
The governor released a statement, declaring, “Fearmongering for the purposes of an election only further complicates the work of law enforcement and jeopardizes public safety. We will continue to provide a welcoming and inclusive home for our immigrant communities.”
The Trump administration filed a lawsuit over New Jersey rules that limit what police officers can share with ICE agents.
— NJ.com (@njdotcom) February 12, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit NJ.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting NJ.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Karl Rove: ‘Not so fast’ on narrative that Bernie Sanders is the front-runner
- REPORT: New survey reveals chances of a Sanders-Warren ticket
- VIDEO: McCarthy weighs in on socialism in the 2020 race
- EXCLUSIVE: Clinton accuser Juanita Broaddrick issues statement on Weinstein verdict
- VIDEO: Trump administration rule to restrict green cards for welfare-reliant immigrants takes effect
- VIDEO: Pelosi takes to the streets in San Francisco. Here’s why
- BREAKING: Harvey Weinstein rerouted to hospital on way to jail
- DML LIVE: Trump rocks, Bernie offers fake promises and hides truth
- REPORT: NY paper suggests how Democrats may try to get Ocasio-Cortez out of Congress
- VIDEO: ‘Michelle Obama loved him’: Trump blasts Democrats for relationships with Harvey Weinstein