REPORT: Delta saves 41 stranded students with a private flight after American Airlines cancels trip [PHOTO]
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
A group of fifth graders from Oklahoma arrived at their Washington, D.C. field trip in style, touching down in the nation’s capital on a private Delta Air Lines flight after their American Airlines trip was canceled at the last minute.
On June 2, 41 fifth-grade students from Tulsa and their chaperones received the disappointing news that their American flight departing Will Rogers World Airport to Richmond, Va. for their highly anticipated school trip – which has been in the works for almost a year – was canceled, Dallas News reports.
The article goes on to state the following:
Though the carrier issued the group a refund, there were no alternative flights to D.C. available at the time, KOCO reports. Waiting it out at the airport for six and a half hours, the youngsters were soon back on their merry way – thanks to the generosity of two Delta gate agents who witnessed the exchange.
The report states that the Delta agents contacted corporate and were able to arrange for a spare plane to be flown to the Oklahoma City airport, pick up the students, and fly them to Richmond, Virginia, thereby saving their trip.
@Delta THANK YOU for getting this group of 5th graders out of OKC and onto Richmond Virginia on a private flight when @AmericanAir wanted to leave us stranded! Most amazing corporation to work with at 3:00am. #flyDelta pic.twitter.com/plDwghRusI
— Shantell Barbour (@barbour_5th) June 2, 2019
Hi Shantell, it was an absolute pleasure to assist you in your time of need. We are glad that we were able to help with such an amazing group of kids! Thank you so much for sharing this picture, it really warmed my heart. Their smiles are priceless!!! ❤ HSH
— Delta (@Delta) June 2, 2019
— Dallas Morning News (@dallasnews) June 10, 2019
When @AmericanAir canceled flight, stranding 41 #OKC students on field trip, @Delta brought in empty plane to fly entire group nonstop, @koconews rpts; ‘Absolutely amazing’: https://t.co/ErhLgsqV7k #travel #aviation
— Mark Albert (@malbertnews) June 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News founder Dennis Michael Lynch discusses the homeless crisis in America and premiers 15-minutes of his new film on the subject in the video below. CLICK HERE to learn more. WATCH video below:
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Chris Cuomo Sends Sean Hannity A Message He Can’t Refuse
- REPORT: US Resident Admits Arranging Fraudulent Marriages So Individuals Would Receive Green Cards
- REPORT: Andrew Cuomo addresses Chris Cuomo ‘Fredo’ rant
- REPORT: McCain’s family, McCain Institute announces method to mark anniversary of his death
- VIDEO: Harris Faulkner Stops Former Clinton Advisor Cold
- REPORT: Warren draws crowd of 12,000 in surge reminiscent of Trump’s ‘surprising momentum’ in 2016
- VIDEO: Conservative actor declares Trump the ‘greatest president of this century’
- VIDEO: Fox News Anchor Fires Back At Trump
- REPORT: Eric Trump shares name of the president’s 10th grandchild [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: CNN segment goes off the rails, commentator rages against ‘white men’