REPORT: ‘Defund the AG’s authority’: Warren calls for Barr ouster after Roger Stone intervention
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Sen. Elizabeth Warren called for Attorney General William Barr to resign after the Justice Department recommended a shorter sentence for President Trump’s former political confidant Roger Stone.
“Americans of all political stripes should be gravely concerned about the corruption that pressures federal prosecutors to give sweetheart deals to criminals who do their crimes on behalf of Donald Trump,” Warren tweeted. “Congress must act immediately to rein in our lawless Attorney General. Barr should resign or face impeachment. And Congress should use spending power to defund the AG’s authority to interfere with anything that affects Trump, his friends, or his elections.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Federal prosecutors initially told a judge this week that Stone, who was convicted of lying to Congress and witness tampering, should serve at least five years in prison.
Warren said the country is watching a “descent into authoritarianism,” according to The Hill.
From The Hill:
“I have to say, I know everybody wants to talk about the horse race,” Warren said on CNN’s “Anderson Cooper 360,” on her performance in the Tuesday night New Hampshire primary, “but the thing that is really getting to me right now is what’s going on over at the Justice Department.
“The whole notion that we have people in our Justice Department resigning because of Donald Trump’s inappropriate influence, and the attorney general overturning a sentencing of Donald Trump’s cronies, right in front of our eyes we are watching a descent into authoritarianism,” she added.
“This just seems like a moment to me [when] everybody should be speaking up,” Warren said on CNN. “Presidential candidates should be speaking up, people around this country should be speaking up.”
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Karl Rove: ‘Not so fast’ on narrative that Bernie Sanders is the front-runner
- REPORT: New survey reveals chances of a Sanders-Warren ticket
- VIDEO: McCarthy weighs in on socialism in the 2020 race
- EXCLUSIVE: Clinton accuser Juanita Broaddrick issues statement on Weinstein verdict
- VIDEO: Trump administration rule to restrict green cards for welfare-reliant immigrants takes effect
- VIDEO: Pelosi takes to the streets in San Francisco. Here’s why
- BREAKING: Harvey Weinstein rerouted to hospital on way to jail
- DML LIVE: Trump rocks, Bernie offers fake promises and hides truth
- REPORT: NY paper suggests how Democrats may try to get Ocasio-Cortez out of Congress
- VIDEO: ‘Michelle Obama loved him’: Trump blasts Democrats for relationships with Harvey Weinstein