REPORT: Death toll in Spain rises by record number in one day
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Spain’s coronavirus death toll rose by 838 in one day, officials reported on Sunday, its largest increase during the pandemic.
Spain’s total number of coronavirus deaths climbed to 6,528, as the country enters its third week of almost total shutdown to stop the spread of the virus, Reuters reported. The number of infections also jumped by 6,549 overnight to reach 78,797.
The article goes on to state the following:
Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez announced Saturday in a television address that all non-essential workers needed to stay home for two weeks between March 30 and April 9. While their salaries would remain the same, these workers would be expected to catch up on lost hours at a later time, according to Reuters.
— Reuters (@Reuters) March 29, 2020
Spain says it has hit a new daily record for coronavirus deaths with 838 fatalities in the last 24 hours for a total of 6,528, the world’s second-highest death count behind Italy. https://t.co/wHJ20H5P77
— The Associated Press (@AP) March 29, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Ted Cruz torches Rosenstein on Russia probe in blistering grilling
- EXCLUSIVE: NYPD commissioner shares video of cops finding bricks left for looters
- BREAKING: Senate votes on House-passed Paycheck Protection Program reform bill
- VIDEO: 2 NYPD cops shot, another stabbed in neck during ‘unprovoked’ attack
- REPORT: Democrat senator calls for Barr to resign over order to clear protests
- REPORT: Florida city becomes first to ban gun sales and carry during ’emergency declaration’
- REPORT: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to NFL team, ‘Change your name’
- BREAKING: Pelosi says House will soon announce sweeping police reform legislation
- TRUMP TWEETS: Rips into Sen. Lisa Murkowski with fire and fury!
- VIDEOS: Bronx streets descend into chaos as looters run wild: ‘Fordham is on fire’