REPORT: De Blasio to Trump: ‘See you in court’ over new rule for immigrants
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio announced that the city will take the Trump administration to court over a new rule that will prohibit entry to immigrants or deny visa renewals based on their reliance to government benefits.
“The President is launching a direct assault on our immigrant brothers and sisters. The America we know was built by hardworking dreamers from all over the world,” de Blasio, a 2020 Democratic presidential candidate, said in a Monday press statement. “That’s the America we’re fighting to protect. To our immigrant New Yorkers: We stand with you now and always. To our president: We’ll see you in court.”
The article goes on to state the following:
New York City’s Office of Immigrant Affair’s Commissioner Bitta Mostofi concurred with the mayor, saying, “The ‘public charge’ rule is yet another attempt by the Trump administration to instill fear and concern among working immigrant families, but rest assured — New Yorkers are fighters and the city will do everything in our power to ensure people have the resources they need to at this critical time.”
Immigrants seeking green cards and legal status must first prove that they will not be a burden to the U.S. The new rules say U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services officers will weigh public assistance and factors such as education, household income, and health when determining whether to grant legal status.
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Saudi-led coalition reports evidence indicating who’s to blame for oil plant attacks
- BREAKING: Dog The Bounty Hunter, 66, ‘suffers heart emergency’
- BREAKING: State of New York takes major action to get their hands on Trump’s tax returns
- REPORT: Transgender Worker Gets Fired After Telling Conservative Customer To ‘Get The F*ck Out’
- POLL: Should Kavanaugh sue the New York Times?
- BREAKING: NASCAR champ, 61, dies in plane crash near Rhode Island
- REPORT: Lindsey Graham makes vow amid calls for Kavanaugh impeachment
- VIDEO: The moment Christie Brinkley falls and breaks her arm, ending role on DWTS
- BREAKING: High school friend challenges story of Kavanaugh accuser Christine Blasey Ford
- REPORT: Fisherman catches strange, ‘dinosaur-like’ creature [PHOTO]