REPORT: DC Comics faces backlash for deleting Batman poster amid China complaints
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DailyMail:
DC Comics has faced fierce criticism for pulling an image advertising its new Batman comic from social media on Thursday night following an angry backlash in China after many perceived the poster to be supporting of the ongoing protests in Hong Kong.
Long since-deleted, the image depicted the iconic superhero throwing a molotov cocktail in front of a grey and pink background with the words ‘The Future is Young’ written in large lettering.
The article goes on to state the following:
The illustration had originally been uploaded to promote Frank Miller and Rafael Grampá’s forthcoming new Batman title ‘Dark Knight Returns: Golden Child’, which is scheduled for release next month – however more outrage than interest was drummed up in China.
Batman publisher is latest to hurt the Chinese people’s feelings after depicting a black-clad Batwoman throwing a petrol bomb with the words “the future is young.” “Why don’t they focus on making comics and not getting involved in politics?”https://t.co/hB3M6I0zY9
— Jonathan Cheng (@JChengWSJ) November 29, 2019
DC Comics cowardly removed a piece of artwork promoting a Batman comic after Chinese critics claimed the artwork supported pro-democracy #HongKongProtests.
— BashCo (@BashCo_) November 30, 2019
The Dark Knight Returns: The Golden Child, cover shows Batman throwing a Molotov cocktail, the words “The Future Is Young”, China complains the imagery supports the pro-democracy protests taking place in Hong Kong, DC pulls cover. #shame support #HongKong pic.twitter.com/HGEDuXBnhT
— Kenny Mnemonic (@techberry) November 29, 2019
Sadly, DC cancelled the promo cover for The Golden Child in which Batman is throwing a Molotov cocktail in front of the words “The Future Is Young” written in bright pink letters. Because China complained that DC was supporting the protesters. #HongKongProtest #tradewar #China pic.twitter.com/nHfXymobs2
— Antonio Graceffo (@Brooklynmonk) November 29, 2019
Surrendering democratic values…again. “DC Comics Yields To Chinese, Drop Batman Poster After Claim It Supports Hong Kong. The new Frank Miller comic featured Batwoman throwing a molotov cocktail with the caption ‘the future is young.’ https://t.co/bYOhkQDIe1
— J.Doyle_DeBoosted_Will followback as soon as I can (@sibersong) November 30, 2019
DC Comics is criticized for bowing to Chinese pressure and DELETING new Batman ad https://t.co/4s9kQMyJe0
— Daily Mail US (@DailyMail) November 30, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit DailyMail. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting DailyMail
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Watch live: House Judiciary Committee to begin debate on impeachment articles
- VIDEO: College student, 18, beaten and stabbed to death in savage mugging near NYC park
- VIDEO: Police Release Video of Man Attacking Children in Target Store
- VIDEO: Ted Cruz: IG report shows Obama admin’s stunning abuse of power
- REPORT: Trump criticizes Greta Thunberg after ‘Person of the Year’ win
- VIDEO: Watch live: House Judiciary Committee debates impeachment articles against Trump
- VIDEO: Scene from “United States of Tents”
- REPORT: Fox News’ Chris Wallace delivers blistering attack on President Trump in speech at media event
- BREAKING: ‘Treason’: House Judiciary Committee Report Implicates Trump in Ultimate Crime
- BREAKING: Hunter Biden to be grilled under oath about his money and Ukraine ties