REPORT: D-Day hero surprised by friends, family with party on 95th birthday
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
A British World War II veteran who received the Chevalier de la Legion d’Honneur for his bravery as a teenager celebrated his 95th birthday Sunday with a surprise party.
Hubert Miller was just 19 when he stormed the Normandy beaches to help liberate German-occupied France in June 1944 along with thousands of other Allied soldiers.
The article goes on to state the following:
Hubert, who was awarded the highest French order of merit three years ago for his brave actions that day, served in the British Royal Artillery regiment during the war.
As the nation remembered its war dead Sunday, the day took on an extra poignancy for Hubert as it fell on his 95th birthday.
The sprightly great-grandfather attended his local remembrance service as he does every year before his family surprised him with a birthday party at his home.
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Details emerge of connection between Schiff aide and alleged whistleblower
- VIDEO: Jordan calls out Schiff during heated exchange while grilling Vindman
- VIDEO: Prince Andrew’s ex speaks out on Epstein
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- REPORT: Pence’s office responds to Sondland’s testimony claiming he raised concerns about investigations
- EXCLUSIVE: Mitch McConnell comments on likelihood of Senate impeaching Trump [VIDEO]
- Morning briefing: Nov 20
- POLL: Is Pelosi jeopardizing the integrity of the 2020 elections?
- EXCLUSIVE: Homeless crisis takes its toll, prompting question: How much more can we take?
- VIDEO: Fox News’ Chris Wallace makes crude comparison to Trump prior to impeachment hearing