REPORT: Cummings says young migrants are victims of ‘government-sponsored child abuse’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
House Oversight Committee Chair Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) called the treatment of migrant children at facilities on the U.S. border with Mexico “government-sponsored child abuse” in a news conference Thursday, according to the Dallas Morning News.
“They say they have all the supplies they need, and they say that all of the allegations of mistreatment are – and I quote – `unsubstantiated.’ We will not be blinded by what we see,” Cummings said Wednesday before a hearing on conditions in the facilities.
The article goes on to state the following:
“We have seen cases where the administration has deported parents without their children and still, to this day, have not reunited those families,” he added. “This is government sponsored child abuse … on a grand scale.”
“Cummings, a Maryland Democrat who leads the House Oversight and Reform Committee, says everyone in the country should be able to agree that anyone in U.S. government custody should be treated humanely,” Time reported. “A surge in the number of migrants crossing the border has overwhelmed border facilities. The number of people crossing the border dropped in June, but still topped 100,000 people.”
— The Japan Times (@japantimes) July 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Melania Turns Heads In Gorgeous Black Pantsuit At WH Special Olympics Event
- UPDATE: Donald Trump: Rock Star Welcome for Ilhan Omar ‘Staged’ in Minnesota
- REPORT: Key Mueller witness indicted on child sex-trafficking charges
- VIDEO: Trump takes fresh aim at Omar after her vow to be his worst nightmare
- VIDEO: Devin Nunes expects ‘the worst’ from Mueller testimony
- VIDEO: Reporter asks Trump about plastic straws as Iran seizes two vessels
- VIDEO: Jim Jordan: Timing of final Carter Page FISA extension is ‘significant’
- VIDEO: Buttigieg Writes Off Donald Trump Supporters as ‘Committed Racists’
- REPORT: O’Rourke releases plan affecting Social Security
- REPORT: Dems decry Omar resolution defending Israel boycott