REPORT: Cuccinelli holds press briefing on new immigration policy
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Acting U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Director Ken Cuccinelli on Monday defended a controversial Trump administration rule that would link an immigrant’s ability to secure green cards to their use of certain public programs.
Cuccinelli told reporters at the White House that the “public charge” change promotes “the ideals of self-sufficiency and personal responsibility.”
The article goes on to state the following:
“We certainly expect people of any income to be able to stand on their own two feet. If people are not able to be self-sufficient, then this negative factor is going to bear very heavily against them in a decision about whether they’ll be able to become a legal permanent resident,” he said.
The Hill further reported:
Under the rule set to be published in the Federal Register on Wednesday, receiving benefits like food stamps, Medicaid or housing subsidies will count negatively against a non-citizen’s chances of getting green cards of visas.
WATCH Cuccinelli’s remarks in the video below:
— The Hill (@thehill) August 12, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Justice Department inspector general reportedly completes FISA abuse investigation [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Susan Boyle performs ‘I Dreamed a Dream’ a Decade After Famed Audition
- REPORT: Tlaib’s response to bombing death of 17-yr-old Israeli girl sparks outrage
- REPORT: Omar lashes out in Twitter rant after Nadler criticizes her for sharing controversial cartoon
- REPORT: Border Patrol busts woman with over $20K worth of fentanyl in her underwear
- REPORT: One Of Kavanaugh’s High School Classmates Is Suing HuffPost For ‘Fabricated’ Reporting
- REPORT: Pelosi again breaks with Democrats on impeachment
- VIDEO: Pro-Trump Ms. Nevada has been stripped of her crown
- REPORT: White House is irritated over Nikki Haley’s mysterious tweet
- REPORT: NFL player found dead along with wife, son sought by police