REPORT: County sheriff closes gun stores ‘one by one’ after they’re deemed nonessential
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department visited every gun store in its jurisdiction to ensure they were closed after the governor shuttered all nonessential businesses.
Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom ordered residents to stay at home to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus earlier this month. As part of that policy, all businesses deemed nonessential by the state were ordered to close, including gun stores.
The article goes on to state the following:
According to a report from Fox LA, Sheriff Alex Villanueva vowed to check on each gun store individually to make sure they are abiding by the governor’s order, explaining, “We will be closing them, they are not an essential function.”
FOXLA reporter Bill Melugin shared in a two-part Twitter statement, “BREAKING: LA County Sheriff tells me he is beginning to close county gun stores immediately. Deputies are currently going to the stores one by one to order them shut down. Sheriff to utilize scofflaw violations for any gun store still open after he deemed them nonessential @FOXLA.”
“The Sheriff told me he is a gun owner himself, supports 2nd amendment, but believes too many first time buyers are panicking and bringing guns into homes where people are locked down, which he believes is recipe for disaster with potential accidental shootings,” he added.
The Sheriff told me he is a gun owner himself, supports 2nd amendment, but believes too many first time buyers are panicking and bringing guns into homes where people are locked down, which he believes is recipe for disaster with potential accidental shootings. @FOXLA
— Bill Melugin (@BillFOXLA) March 24, 2020
California police will investigate each gun store “one by one” to ensure they are closed. https://t.co/FsYgBsEixD
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) March 24, 2020
— DMLNewsApp (@DMLNewsApp) March 24, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- UPDATE: Gov. Cuomo speaks on brother’s coronavirus diagnosis
- BREAKING: Appeals Court issues ruling on Texas abortion ban during COVID-19 pandemic
- REPORT: Stunning graphs predict when COVID-19 deaths, needs will peak in every state
- TRUMP TWEET: Taunts Nancy Pelosi about MSNBC interview [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Rachel Maddow’s attempt to slam Trump over hospital ships backfires
- REPORT: Maxine Waters unleashes on Pres. Trump in raging Twitterstorm
- Submit News
- REPORT: California emergency manager is caught sunbathing on an empty beach
- VIDEO: Secretary of State Mike Pompeo addresses the press amid Trump impeachment inquiry
- REPORT: Obama lashes out after administration rollback of emission standards as Trump praises move