REPORT: Country finds dead patients among ‘abandoned’ care home residents
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by BBC:
Spanish soldiers helping to fight the coronavirus pandemic have found elderly patients in retirement homes abandoned and, in some cases, dead in their beds, the defence ministry has said.
The military has been brought in to help disinfect care homes in Spain, one of Europe’s worst hit countries.
The article goes on to state the following:
The virus is spreading very fast in Spain – the second worst-hit European country after Italy.
Spanish prosecutors are launching an investigation, the report states.
See some of the latest COVID-19 stats (at time of publication of this story) below:
Spain Coronavirus Cases: 49,515
Spain Deaths: 3,647
Spain Recovered: 5,367
- Global Coronavirus Cases: 468,012
Global Deaths: 21,180
Global Recovered: 113,809
US Coronavirus Cases: 65,652
US Deaths: 931
US Recovered: 394
To get more information about this article, please visit BBC. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting BBC
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: New ‘hot spot’ state: Coronavirus cases jump 42 percent in one day
- REPORT: Romney joins Dem senator to send ‘warning’ to Trump
- REPORT: Scientists warn about one way COVID-19 can be transmitted
- VIDEO: Healthy 39-year-old DJ died of coronavirus. What his young widow and daughter want you to know [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Republicans rip ‘partisan’ Pelosi panel on coronavirus response: ‘This isn’t about oversight’
- REPORT: Experts, Trump advisers doubt White House coronavirus deaths estimate
- TRUMP TWEETS: ‘Great news’ and big thanks in series of posts
- VIDEO: Bernie Sanders snaps at crying baby at campaign event
- REPORT: Biden Has Earned 11 Pinocchios From Fact-Checkers During Coronavirus Crisis
- VIDEO: WWII veteran recovers from coronavirus in time to celebrate 104th birthday [PHOTOS]