REPORT: Cory Booker writes open letter to men about abortion rights
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NYPost.com:
Democratic presidential hopeful Cory Booker penned an open letter to US men about abortion rights on Friday, writing that they need to stand with women because “all people deserve to control their own bodies.”
Booker’s letter, published on GQ Magazine’s website, comes after Alabama passed a bill this week that would outlaw nearly all abortions in the state.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Men, it’s on us to listen, to speak out, and to take action. Not because women are our mothers, sisters, wives or friends—but because women are people,” Booker wrote.
“And all people deserve to control their own bodies,” he added.
In his letter, Booker wrote the anti-abortion measures will disproportionately affect women of color and those who live in low-income areas.
“They may be unable to afford to travel to a different state—which could also mean missing work and arranging for childcare even while enduring lengthy 72-hour waiting periods—in order to get the health care they need,” he wrote.
“They can’t afford to pack up and leave—and we won’t let them weather this storm alone,” he added.
Moments ago, the Missouri House passed a restrictive bill that prohibits abortion after eight weeks of pregnancy. It’s one of many bans to pass in the last month. Men, we can’t let women fight this alone. Abortion rights are our rights too. https://t.co/Q4LZdMA1gz
— Cory Booker (@CoryBooker) May 17, 2019
— GQ Magazine (@GQMagazine) May 17, 2019
“Men, it’s on us to listen, to speak out, and to take action. Not because women are our mothers, sisters, wives or friends—but because women are people. And all people deserve to control their own bodies.” Thanks, @CoryBooker. #CoryCares https://t.co/GXziyo2BMR
— Mary Geren (@MaryGeren) May 17, 2019
“For men, abortion is not something many feel the need or desire to talk about—it’s too uncomfortable. But that’s a trap… men need to acknowledge that they benefit from abortion rights and reproductive health care, too.” — @CoryBooker https://t.co/Ohq5mTV5Xf
— Jenna Lowenstein (@just_jenna) May 17, 2019
The right to kill babies is nobody’s right my liege
— PatriotMMT (@bradizzle88) May 17, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NYPost.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting NYPost.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Trump makes major announcement on deportations, DML responds
- TRUMP TWEET: Something weird going on at Fox
- VIDEO: Schiff declares ‘time is running out’ for Mueller
- VIDEO: Country singer icon declares support for O’Rourke
- REPORT: Muslim Mob Burns Christian Church After Arrest
- REPORT: State Department identifies 23 violations, ‘multiple security incidents’ concerning Clinton emails
- VIDEO: Mayor of border town overrun by illegal immigrants blasts federal government
- REPORT: State House REJECTS popular vote proposal
- BREAKING: Trump announces major shakeup on Secretary of Defense appointment
- REPORT: Former Trump Cabinet secretary and former GOP senator pay big bucks to attend Biden fundraiser