REPORT: Coronavirus infects US aircraft carrier after port call in Vietnam, sailors sickened
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
SAILORS ON USS ROOSEVELT SICKENED: The Navy revealed yesterday that three sailors had to be evacuated from the aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt and other crew members isolated aboard ship after the three tested positive for the coronavirus that causes COVID-19.
The Roosevelt, now at sea in the Pacific Ocean, made a port call in Da Nang, Vietnam, late last month and early this month, but Navy officials could not say if that was the source of the infection.
The article goes on to state the following:
“I think it would be difficult to tie down these active cases to that particular port visit,” said Chief of Naval Operations Adm. Michael Gilday at a Pentagon news conference. “We’ve had aircraft flying to and from the ship, and so we just don’t want to say it was that particular port visit; although we took great precautions when the crew came back from that shore period to do enhanced medical screening of the crew.”
“Chief of Naval Operations Admiral Mike Gilday said the ship was last in port in Vietnam about 15 days ago,” Reuters reports
Three sailors on board a U.S. aircraft carrier have coronavirus. Chief of Naval Operations Admiral Mike Gilday said the ship was last in port in Vietnam about 15 days ago. https://t.co/TKQNyEbRg0
— James Pearson (@pearswick) March 25, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Details emerge of CDC funding cuts repeatedly sought by Obama admin, despite Biden’s attacks on Trump preparedness
- REPORT: Trump wants THIS to appear on economic relief checks, WSJ claims
- REPORT: Virus cases surging in California, mayor warns his city is days away from being next NYC
- REPORT: Widespread flushing of toilet paper ‘alternatives’ causing major problems [PHOTO]
- REPORT: Riots erupt in China’s coronavirus epicentre Wuhan; riot police clash with civilians
- REPORT: 15,000 Indians may have been infected by ‘super-spreader’ guru
- REPORT: Princess becomes first royal to die from coronavirus
- REPORT: 66 Residents of One Nursing Home Have COVID-19
- BREAKING: CDC issues travel advisory for residents of 3 US states
- REPORT: Haiti hospital chief kidnapped amid coronavirus emergency [VIDEO]