REPORT: Coronavirus deaths top 1,100 as cruise ship cases increase
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by Axios:
174 people aboard a cruise ship quarantined off Japan’s coast have now tested positive for the novel coronavirus — including a quarantine officer — the country’s health ministry confirmed, as the global death toll continues to rise. COVID-19 has now killed 1,15 people, per the latest official figures. A person in Hong Kong and another in the Philippinesare the only ones to die of the virus outside mainland China, where it’s infected over 45,000 people, a number the CDC believes is underreported. There are nearly 500 cases in 27 other countries and territories.
Last 48 hours:
- Evacuees released: The first group of U.S. citizens who were evacuated from Wuhan, China, to a military base in California were leaving their 14-day quarantine with a clean bill of health, CDC principal deputy director Anne Schuchat said Tuesday.
- In China: The WHO sent a team of international scientists to work on-the-ground in China. While CDC “sent names” of U.S. experts to WHO for consideration, a top CDC official would not confirm on Tuesday if any were part of the team.
- 13th patient: The CDC confirmed there’s a 13th case in the United States, a person evacuated from Wuhan and tested at UC San Diego Public Health, where the person was discharged and returned to federal quarantine. This was due to a “mix-up” on the person’s test results, Schuchat said Tuesday.
To get more information about this article, please visit Axios. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting Axios
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Black Guns Matter founder mocks potential Bloomberg-Clinton ticket with ‘SUPER’ nickname
- REPORT: Assange lawyer claims Trump offered pardon in exchange for this favor
- Last day for FREE MIRACLE ME MINI
- REPORT: Soros demands ouster of Zuckerberg, Sandberg from Facebook
- First Look At Bloomberg’s Super Bowl Ad
- VIDEO: Meghan McCain gets into fiery spat with Joy Behar over Bloomberg
- VIDEO: Trump speaks out on AG Bill Barr
- VIDEO: Greg Gutfeld speculates on why Bloomberg is ‘getting a pass’
- REPORT: Limbaugh says Trump advised him after Buttigieg remarks
- VIDEO: Jason Chaffetz comments on why ‘deep state’ is ‘scared to death’ of Trump