REPORT: Confederate monuments to pay the price for Northam scandal
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Embattled Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam says that he wants to take down Confederate statues and monuments in the state.
“I will take a harder line,” Northam told the Washington Post amid a scandal stemming from a racist photograph on his medical school yearbook page. “If there are statues, if there monuments out there that provoke this type of hatred and bigotry, they need to be in museums.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Northam is facing calls to resign after a his page from the 1984 yearbook that includes an image of an individual in blackface and another in a Ku Klux Klan robe and hood surfaced. Northam, who initially apologized for the photo, later claimed he is neither of the individuals in it but appeared in blackface as Michael Jackson for a dance competition that same year.
In his first sit-down interview since the photo came to light, Northam insisted that he would commit the rest of his three years as governor to the fight for racial equality.
Confederate monuments to pay the price for @RalphNortham‘s blackface scandal
The VA governor vows harder stance against racism after waves of criticism and demands that he resign.https://t.co/3in3cwkFyK
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) February 10, 2019
Northam signals Confederate monuments stance may be changing. “I will take a harder line. If there are statues, if there monuments out there that provoke this type of hatred and bigotry, they need to be in museums.” https://t.co/xVWY21TqSx
— Patricia Sullivan (@psullivan1) February 9, 2019
After racist photo and calls for his resignation, Northam vows to take down Confederate monuments. https://t.co/6HChBarFi5
— Corey Stewart (@CoreyStewartVA) February 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: America’s First Two Muslim Congresswomen Will BOTH Be Fundraising For Hamas-Linked Organization
- VIDEO: Meghan McCain stuns Andrew McCabe on ‘The View’ with pointed question
- VIDEO: Gillibrand voices support for federal recognition of third gender
- REPORT: How the winners of New York Lottery’s biggest jackpot were able to stay anonymous
- BREAKING: ‘Empire’ show takes first steps against Jussie Smollett after attack claim controversy
- BREAKING: Obama-nominated judge deals blow to Obama’s presidential library plans
- REPORT: Prosecutor recuses herself from Jussie Smollett investigation
- VIDEO: McCabe claims ‘Gang of 8’ knew of counterintelligence investigation of Trump
- VIDEO: ISIS teen wife bemoans UK’s ‘unjust’ decision to revoke her citizenship
- VIDEO: Kamala Harris gives awkward response when asked about Jussie Smollett claims