REPORT: CNN’s Very Bad Week: Settles Two Suits, One Costs Them $76 million
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by BREITBART.COM:
CNN has agreed to shell out $76 million in a back pay case that involved union employees, making it the largest monetary settlement in the history of the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB).
Variety reported that the labor dispute began in 2003 when the media company fired a group of unionized subcontractors working as technicians and in other support roles for Team Video Services before hiring non-union employees to replace those workers.
The article goes on to state the following:
The action sparked a litigation war between the National Association of Broadcast Employees and Technicians and Communications Workers of America that has lasted more than a decade.
On Tuesday, CNN reportedly settled its lawsuit with Nick Sandmann, the Covington Catholic High School student who sued them over their reporting on his interaction with Omaha Tribe elder Nathan Phillips at the Lincoln Memorial.
The Hill reported:
Sandmann, who was wearing a “Make America Great Again” hat in video of the incident, sued the network for $275 million in May over its reporting, saying CNN was “vilifying and bullying him” and had twisted the story to fit an anti-Trump agenda. In total, Sandmann was seeking $800 million in damages from The Washington Post, NBC and CNN.
To get more information about this article, please visit BREITBART.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting BREITBART.COM
Trending on DML News App
- Gowdy comments on possible Bolton testimony: ‘Why’
- VIDEO: Why Ted Cruz should be leading Senate impeachment trial
- VIDEO: GOP senator calls CNN reporter a ‘liberal hack’ when asked about Parnas materials
- BREAKING: Senate gives major win to Trump, passes USMCA in sweeping vote, Schumer and Sanders reveal why they voted ‘no’
- TRUMP TWEET: Responds to Pelosi’s announcement on impeachment managers
- REPORT: Pelosi posts record fundraising haul for 2019
- BREAKING: Iraqi refugee launches GOP challenge to Ilhan Omar: ‘She needs to be stopped’ [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Artist paints Michelle Obama, Hillary Clinton, AOC, other women as battered in campaign against domestic violence [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Collins releases statement about calling witnesses for impeachment trial
- REPORT: DOJ investigating leaks on Russian document that influenced how Comey handled Clinton emails