REPORT: City worker, grandfather, killed in freak accident while hanging Christmas decorations
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DailyMail:
William L. Thyng, 71, was working with another person in a bucket truck to put up decorations when was killed, the Lewiston Sun Journal reported.
The article goes on to state the following:
Sanford city manager Steve Buck said Thyng worked as a seasonal worker for a number of years.
The Sanford Maine Police Department wrote in a Facebook post: “On 11-25-19 at approximately 1330 hours, Sanford police officers were dispatched to a traffic crash with injuries at 447 Main Street, Springvale, Maine. First reports were that a man had been struck by a truck. The incident occurred directly in front of the Springvale District Court. When officers arrived they observed a person lying in the street with what appeared to be very serious injuries. Fire Department personnel subsequently pronounced the victim dead. It has been determined that the victim was an employee of the City of Sanford, and that this employee had been operating a City of Sanford vehicle immediately prior to his death.”
The City of Sanford is identifying the municipal employee who was killed on Monday as William Thyng, 71.
He was struck by a city-owned bucket truck that was being used to hang seasonal decorations. Thyng was part of the two-person crew. The accident is under investigation. pic.twitter.com/NuLgl41HCc
— Marissa Bodnar (@MarissaWGME) November 27, 2019
Sanford identifies city worker killed on Main Street on Monday.https://t.co/4cdvYWbJ0F
— Portland Press Herald (@PressHerald) November 27, 2019
Worker is ‘killed by his own truck’ in a freak accident while hanging Christmas decorations https://t.co/DIbjHzXJmo
— Daily Mail US (@DailyMail) November 30, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit DailyMail. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting DailyMail
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: NY Democrat who attended White House ball announces his vote on impeachment
- BREAKING: First-term Democrats push former Republican as impeachment manager
- BREAKING: Schumer sends letter to McConnell naming top two witnesses he will request for testimony in Senate trial
- Kellyanne Conway sounds off on what’s missing from Democrats’ impeachment articles
- OpEd: Naval Aviator reveals what really happened in Pensacola. A must read and share.
- REPORT: Hallmark Channel reverses decision to pull commercial of same-sex couple after backlash
- UPDATE: China suspends tariffs on US products scheduled to go into effect Sunday
- VIDEO: ‘Too damn late:’ Gowdy blasts Comey admission he was wrong about FISA abuse
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham invites key Trump ally to testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee
- BREAKING: Results: House votes on resolution to impeach Trump